When using Google earth

I just upgraded my membership. I was using the Google Earth and it showed lots of caches in my area. But I could not see caches that were farther away. Just the group around my home address. I think it shows the closest 150 I think I read. So how can I view caches that are farther away? Thanks.

It is sometimes frustrating & a little time consuming if you dont know a zip etc. Pick the area you want to check & zoom into that area or check by state to see if there is a large city nearby to use as a starting point. You can then pick the city just click on any cache & start the map process over again to see caches. Know that if you are panning onthe map using the NSEW arrow you dont always get the caches to show up. If that happens just use the cursor to move the map page just a hair then it will load the caches. Good luck

I just upgraded my membership. I was using the Google Earth and it showed lots of caches in my area. But I could not see caches that were farther away. Just the group around my home address. I think it shows the closest 150 I think I read. So how can I view caches that are farther away? Thanks.

Google Earth screens have a 150 cache limit. These are NOT the closest caches, just random caches in the view. To see them all, just zoom in closer. Like a previous poster, I just zoom in to my home or to a particular area or city and then move the screen to broaden my search. When I travel, I set up a placemark for my destinations. It is easy to move to that spot by clicking on the placemark in the left column. Hope this helped.

GR8, are you using the GE KML network plug in. If it is installed, just drag the view to your desired area and it will show push pins, up to 500, on the satellite image.

Alternatively just drag a GPX file from your PQ on to Google Earth and it'll show the all the waypoints in the file, and at their precise locations (remember that the waypoints in the GC.com Google Earth KML layer are deliberately obfuscated by about 100ft or so)