What is a "Silver Bullet"

GrnMonster

Wow. I can't believe that I'm about to say this.....lets see how to say this in a family forum.......

I have heard of a silver bullet but when I saw your post, I though there MUST be some other use for the term, but then I decoded the "hint". That only confirms my previous suspicion.......

its an adult toy.

How the heck did this make it past a reviewer?

man....I still hope there is some other explaination.

Edited by Firespinner

Wow. I can't believe that I'm about to say this.....lets see how to say this in a family forum.......

I have heard of a silver bullet but when I saw your post, I though there MUST be some other use for the term, but then I decoded the "hint". That only confirms my previous suspicion.......

its an adult toy.

(The only silver ones I could find had advertising in the photo)

small%20bison%20tube%20mix%20ws.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce

The cache page write-up states "Oh yes, watch out for the bumblebees.", so the hint is appropriate to the cache, yet still perfectly in sync with your original thoughts. :)

its an adult toy.

hehehe....but it's listed as a micro! :)

:laughing:

Edited by Pup Patrol
its an adult toy.

Obviously, your google safesearch filter is set higher than mine or you'd know that it still fits with that description. :)

I'd really lean toward the idea that the hint is a tongue-in-cheek reference and you're looking for a bison tube.

Edited by KoosKoos

its an adult toy.

Another possible explanation:

The name of the cache is The old fence post. I have seen many fence posts made from wood.

Bumblebees will make holes in wood for their nests. Maybe it is a bison-type tube in one of those holes in a fence post.

It is possible there were active nests when the cache was placed. Hence, the watch for bumblebees in the cache description and the hint.

The cache page write-up states "Oh yes, watch out for the bumblebees.", so the hint is appropriate to the cache, yet still perfectly in sync with your original thoughts. :)

its an adult toy.

I saw the write up about the bumblebees, but since it was plainly in the write up, it didn't make sense that it would be the same reference in the encrypted hint. That's why I thought the encrypted hint was hinting at another type of buzz. As to the "ahem" size..... THAT particular toy would indeed qualify as a micro......it's a small toy known for its function and not its size. I really should shut up now. lol. :-)

its an adult toy.

Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years, Ricki don't lose that number.

And as any hardcore Steely Dan fan knows, the band itself is named for an adult toy in William Burrough's novel Naked Lunch.

There have been some Silver Bullets (fake gun bullets) that are Geocaching swag placed in caches around here. They are ordered from a geocaching supplier. They have no value or trackability, but have geocaching written on them. I don't know the purpose of them either, other than just something else to add to your collection of geo stuff.

This is a direct quote from "www.dummies.com" in relation to geocaching.

[A signature item is a unique item that a geocacher leaves in a cache that's his or her way of saying, "I was here." It's sort of like the Lone Ranger and his trademark silver bullet. Signature items can be anything from a printed business card to a handmade clay sculpture. (To give you some ideas, the Michigan Geocaching Organization has a database of photos of signature items on its Web site.