The word Groundspeak in the forums

trainlove

Has some time been spent by the Groundspeak programmers to work on the forums in addition to all those geocaching.com site changes?

It appears that since yesterday, each and every occurance of Groundspeak is spelled with the initial g capitilized as in Groundspeak, no matter how we lowly users want to spell it.

If so then they should include the ® symbol and perhaps © also in their name each and every time someone spells it out.

Edited by trainlove

Has some time been spent by the Groundspeak programmers to work on the forums in addition to all those geocaching.com site changes?

It appears that since yesterday, each and every occurance of Groundspeak is spelled with the initial g capitilized as in Groundspeak, no matter how we lowly users want to spell it.

If so then they should include the ® symbol and perhaps © also in their name each and every time someone spells it out.

Oh good golly, sound the alarms!!!! Just so you can sleep tonight, you can try some variations to accomplish your desired results.

(g)roundspeak

g.roundspeak

g roundspeak

gr0undspeak

ground$peak

good luck! :D

Frome now on I'll be spelling it g®ound©peak, with an intentional spelling error in keeping with the programming errors that they can't ever avoid. I fired 10 programmers at my last job when they botched up several missile test station programming jobs.

You mean Groundspeak actually wants their corporate name to appear on the forums with the proper capitalization? Good for them. This is their forums, seems like a harmless thing for them to program that setting in the forum. I think you need to get out and cache more and stop worrying so much about how Groundspeak wants to control certain aspects of their company. :D

Edited by ShowStop

You mean Groundspeak actually wants their corporate name to appear on the forums with the proper capitalization?

<nit>Perhaps, but I can think of at least 2 places in the forums where it is not capitalized 'correctly', and well over a dozen places on geocaching.com itself.</pick>

<nit>Perhaps, but I can think of at least 2 places in the forums where it is not capitalized 'correctly', and well over a dozen places on geocaching.com itself.</pick>

would you mind sharing those examples where groundspeak is the correct form?

Groundspeak can go <removed> pet a fluffy white bunny and be happy. They're <removed> friendly, happy tactics only cause great <removed> pleasantness and happiness amongst the geocaching community.

If they don't <removed> continue providing fantastic service to the community, I swear I will <removed> continue purchasing annual subscriptions.

In summary, go <removed> find happiness with yourself.