Free riding complaints

Cardinal Flyer

Just wondering how many people that are complaining about the new site and all of it's problems actually are vested into it. Maybe if more people paid for the services they are using, then the powers that be would be able to hire people that really know how to make the system user friendly instead of geek friendly.

Just wondering how many people that are complaining about the new site and all of it's problems actually are vested into it. Maybe if more people paid for the services they are using, then the powers that be would be able to hire people that really know how to make the system user friendly instead of geek friendly.

I don't mind the people relaying problems with the site, even if they are not paying members, but it chaps my hide when they act as if they are entitled to something and make unreasonable demands without backing the site financially in any way...

And putting the :D (mad icon) on your post probably doesn't cause the programmers to respond to your complaint any faster :D

If somebody is simply reporting some strange behavior on the site and giving Groundspeak an FYI notice, thats cool in my book. Those that complain about their cache page being "unreadable" due to their own poor HTML coding or poor formating and blaming it on the site is pretty lame.

It sounds like you are equating "vested into it" with "paying for premium membership".

A lot of non-PMs are "vested" in the game by placing caches. It's true that Groundspeak relies on the financial support of some cachers to willingly pay the optional membership fees -- but it also relies at least as much on people being willing to spend their own time and money to create, stock, and maintain caches.

Many of the caches I have enjoyed finding have been hidden by non-premium members. While it's true that Groundspeak might cease to exist if no one was willing to pay for premium membership, they would also cease to exist if no one was willing to hide caches. Both dues-paying members and cache-hiders (whether premium members or not) are vital for the survival of Groundspeak, and both are equally "vested" in it.

:D This is my 1st real post other than in the practice forums. But, The new site isn't thrilling. I understand the time & money that goes into these changes. I am a Premium Member. I just paid for another year. :D

:D I LOVED the old site. It was fun LQQKing. Now, It looks profesional. Kind of boring when you first see it. My kids liked the old site too. It was colorful & fun! :D

I don't like to complain. But, I am Big on GeoCoins. :D I couldn't find my Inventory List at first. It was way a the bottom of the page. How will people see their Inventory and be reminded to drop a TB or GeoCoin??? :D I know it is listed when you Log a Cache. But, Some people Copy & Paste in a hurry. They forget, I know I have at times. :D

I do like the Resources Page It is a lot easier to read & find things. Not so clutterd. :D

:D Maybe they are just trying this new LQQK. Ebay does that sometimes. It is very confusing trying to find everything AGAIN.

:D I like GeoCaching either way. I will need to learn to use the new site if I want to keep up my #'s :D

B) Maybe, A dedicated GeoCacher/Graphics Designer could offer their free time to help with the site. I did see that they were hiring a Graphics Designer or something like that a month ago??? I think a GeoCacher should design the site. That way they would know what is in demand??? :D Is the new designer a Cacher???

:D What if Groundspeak sent out an emailed servey for ALL GeoCachers to give opinions on what they would like OR like to use one the site??? :D Do they have a Hit Counter so they can see what is used more often??? Sometimes I go and try to use something, Like the Route thing. But, I don't understand how to get it right. Oh, Well...............I'll be a dedicated cacher no matter how they change the site. I do think they should keep it simple for new cachers coming into the game. :) I was a 'Computer Hater' before GeoCaching!!! NOW, I know how to do neat stuff. No, I'm not a comp wiz. But, Because of GeoCaching. I have learned sooo much!!! I love my computer now!!! :D

Just an added note: Grounds Peak Thanks For All The FUN!!! :D