CITO in Haw Ridge, TN

Shandrake

I am doing my required civic service project for my degree from Tusculum college. I have been approved to clean the trails up at Haw Ridge park in Oak Ridge, TN. I am going to be doing this on THIS Saturday (7/26/08). I tried to post a CITO Cache for the event, but alas, I did not give 2 weeks notice and was denied. I am still doing it, but it will not be an icon for me. Since it is not about the numbers or icons, and my calendar is limited availability, I figured I would see if I could still get other geocachers to come out.

I am doing my required civic service project for my degree from Tusculum college. I have been approved to clean the trails up at Haw Ridge park in Oak Ridge, TN. I am going to be doing this on THIS Saturday (7/26/08). I tried to post a CITO Cache for the event, but alas, I did not give 2 weeks notice and was denied. I am still doing it, but it will not be an icon for me. Since it is not about the numbers or icons, and my calendar is limited availability, I figured I would see if I could still get other geocachers to come out.

I wish I had known about it earlier, I would have been there. For future reference, go to GSMGC.net, the new web site for the caching club.

As a follow up report, we had a long and hot hike in the park. I ended up only doing the TO part of CITO as I neglected to bring my water with me and we only covered 2 miles of trail into the park. However, we came across 2 Mt. Bikers who thanked us for cleaning the park, saying that this is always one of the most beautiful trails they ride. We ended up pulling out 3 tall kitchen trash bags of trash from the park and I ended up with no additional caches. Oh well, I will have to plan better for the next trip I make out there.