Have YOU held a TB TOO LONG? Send it to....

Snoogans

Something strange happened to me today which gave me an idea that sorta builds on an idea I had a few years ago (for GW4) to give amnesty to TB violators who wish to release TBs they are holding with no questions asked.

Today, I opened up my P.O. Box and discovered a TB in a package. This particular TB is one I gave to a new cacher I met at an event, in March, who promised to place it in my nearby TB hotel later that afternoon. The TB never got there. The person I gave it to never logged the event or my cache or any of the nearby caches. The TB owner emailed me several times asking about their bug and I was at a loss for what to tell them. In the package was a note explaining that these folks had decided against caching as an activity and that they wanted to get the TB back into circulation.

Great! :blink: I'm glad they had a conscience. They must have gotten my P.O. from one of the threads where I offered trades for my smashed pennies or for my refrigerator door community TB project. I didn't give it to them.

And so was born a possible solution to (some of) the M.I.A. trackable dilemma...(T.B.A.I.)

Have you held a TB too long for whatever reason and want to repair your karma? Now you can send it to Travel Bug Amnesty International. (T.B.A.I.)

Mail to

Snoogans (T.B.A.I. Project Headquarters)

C/O Press Your Luck

P.O.Box 516

Missouri City, Texas 77459-0516

No questions asked. Resurrectees will be celebrated in this thread. No names or origins of packages will ever be mentioned. If you would like a smashed penny in return include S.A.S.E. and one will be sent back to you. :unsure:

The second part of my idea is to build a network of cachers who wish to participate. You would need to post a P.O. Box (It's unwise to post a home adress.) for your chapter of T.B.A.I. and solemnly swear to return all TBs you receive to circulation A.S.A.P. I would also like for everyone that participates to post links to the TBs they help resurrect here in this thread. :blink:

This project (if it works) could use a chapter in all regions of the U.S. + alaska & Hawaii and in every country that has an active cachin' community. This will help folks decide where they want to ship to and cut down on international shipping fees. (A possible side effect is that it will give the greater community a place to launch a TB from.) There is no approval process. Post a T.B.A.I. chapter on this thread and you're in business.

Link this thread to your local and regional forums and let's get this network rolling!

Comments? :laughing: Questions? :laughing: Suggestions? :laughing: Chapter postings? :unsure:

US Regions where chapters are needed: (Based on GC.com regional forums)

Just post a P.O.B. and claim your region.

Alaska - ???

Hawaii - ???

Great Plains - ???

Mid-Atlantic - ???

Midwest - ???

New England - ???

Northwest - ??? (It would be totally cool if that was Groundspeak Headquarters. IMO) :blink:

South & Southeast - Snoogans / T.B.A.I. Headquarters (See address above)

West & Southwest - ???

International chapters open:

Arabian Peninsula/Middle East

Australia

Belgium

Canada

Finland

French Speaking

German Speaking

Greece - Hellas

Italian Speaking

Mexico and Central America

New Zealand

Portuguese Speaking

Scandinavia and Baltic countries

South Africa

South America

Spain

United Kingdom

This is a cache network too. I'll be posting a T.B.A.I. cache as soon as I find a very secure, yet accessable spot to hide a new TB hotel.

Edited by Snoogans

Nice idea... But, why not use this? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=141358

There's a bunch of cachers worldwide already available to set free bugs and coins.

We've been releasing coins and bugs for quite some time now. It's always great. :laughing:

Why not have these self same folks post their own T.B.A.I. chapters? :laughing:

The mission here is different from that one as Cachestacker eloquently pointed out. Your network already has a proven track record and would be great for this additional mission to get sidetracked trackables back on the road. :laughing:

Snoogs - love the idea. The foreign one is cool, but think your idea for loval amnesty is more practical and serves a different purpose. Hope this gets many missing ones back in circulation.

Me too. Thanks for the support! :unsure:

How about a chapter right here in Quebec, Canada?

If you need a chapter in the east let us know.

We already own a Stargate cache and have been releasing many trackables around here, too. So, count us in if so. :-)

YES to all. :D Again, there is no approval process. Post a T.B.A.I. chapter on this thread and you're in business. Link this thread to your local and regional forums and let's get this network rolling!

Just post a P.O.Box address (it's unwise to post a home address) and claim your region like so:

Alaska - ???

Hawaii - ???

Great Plains - ???

Mid-Atlantic - ???

Midwest - ???

New England - ???

Northwest - ???

South & Southeast - Snoogans / T.B.A.I. Headquarters

Mail to:

Snoogans (T.B.A.I. Project Headquarters)

C/O Press Your Luck

P.O.Box 516

Missouri City, Texas 77459-0516

West & Southwest - ???

International chapters open:

Arabian Peninsula/Middle East

Australia

Belgium

Canada - Userzero - T.B.A.I Chapter # or name + mailing address

Finland

French Speaking

German Speaking

Greece - Hellas

Italian Speaking

Mexico and Central America

New Zealand

Portuguese Speaking - SUp3rFM & Cruella - T.B.A.I Chapter # or name + mailing address

Scandinavia and Baltic countries

South Africa

South America

Spain

United Kingdom

Edited by Snoogans
:D that is a good idea. There are way too many people out there who have less than ten finds who snatched up a travel bug or geocoin and didn't log it because they gave up on the hobby. I understand the whole bit about launching them in other countries, but the whole anonymity for those who want to release the bugs they are holding without getting scolded or paying an overseas shipping charge is a great idea. This all comes down to a matter of which program can reach those who have the bugs better and nothing else.