New geocacher saying hi

Hello & Welcome

You will have more fun just out finding caches than coming on here at the minute.

There is a sensitive bunch on here who analyise every typed word and will for the most part try to be helpful just make sure you use lots of smilies or they will just pick you up wrong.

Best place to go is uk geochat thats where you'll find out what some of the folk here are really like.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing::unsure: :unsure:

Hello. :laughing: It's always nice to see new geocachers visiting this Forum. I hope you will really enjoy your new interest. There are a lot of helpful people who use this Forum so if you have a question and can't find the answer elsewhere, then I'm sure someone will help you.

Happy caching.

<quack>

Hello & Welcome

You will have more fun just out finding caches than coming on here at the minute.

There is a sensitive bunch on here who analyise every typed word and will for the most part try to be helpful just make sure you use lots of smilies or they will just pick you up wrong.

Best place to go is uk geochat thats where you'll find out what some of the folk here are really like.

:laughing: :laughing: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

hello :laughing:

uk geochat ??? do you have a web addy??

Hello & Welcome

:laughing: :laughing: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

hello :laughing:

Hi you can use Chat

or with Chatzilla , mIRC or similar irc.nixhelp.org the channel is #geocaching :blink:

Subject line says it all, really :laughing:

Just started this lunch time with a virtual one and I'm thoroughly hooked.

---

Amanda

Hello and welcome. :laughing:

Central London is certainly quite challenging for physical caches, during busy times at least, but it's possible to get some discreetly. I'm busy concentrating on caches near to home at the moment, in rather more suburban locations, where you can get on with it with no hassle.

For your first physical cache, go for something reasonably easy (a 1 or a 2) and perhaps a small rather than a micro. I ignored micros until I got instinctively quicker at finding bigger ones - you certainly develop caching skills as you go along, and practice makes perfect.

Lee

Hello & Welcome

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing::unsure: :unsure:

I wouldn't say we're that sensitive a bunch on here. As with any random group of people, there are some who rub each other the wrong way and don't get on, but I find that this forum is generally friendly and helpful. It's certainly a lot better than some forums I've looked in on and been amazed at the flame wars and insults that go on.

I must try geochat again some time. Last time I tried, I had problems with irc and I've never got around to it again since.

Thank you for the welcomes :laughing:

The virtual cache was this one - I couldn't wait til the weekend to get started, but didn't feel at all confident about finding traditional or micro caches in central London at lunch!

And having just woken up from dozing off at the keyboard, I'm off to get some proper sleep :laughing:

A cache involving a pub is always a good idea,especially one that has been used for 1 or 2 get togethers. :unsure:

Be wary of micro bashers that lurk amongst these hallowed pages though! :laughing:

And WELCOME! :unsure:

I wouldn't say we're that sensitive a bunch on here. As with any random group of people, there are some who rub each other the wrong way and don't get on, but I find that this forum is generally friendly and helpful. It's certainly a lot better than some forums I've looked in on and been amazed at the flame wars and insults that go on.

I must try geochat again some time. Last time I tried, I had problems with irc and I've never got around to it again since.

I was stating that there is a sensitive bunch on here not they are a sensitive bunch. everyones bunch is probably different.

Hello & Welcome

:) :) B):)B)

hello :)

Hi you can use Chat

or with Chatzilla , mIRC or similar irc.nixhelp.org the channel is #geocaching :)

Many thanks

NickPick....love the signature line :laughing:

Many thanks for all the welcomes! I have now remembered to bookmark the forums, so hopefully will remember to check in more often!

Hoping to do some physical ones one evening next week, or next weekend at the latest. Although there is one close to where I work that should be possible to do, even at lunch!

Thank you for the welcomes :lol:

The virtual cache was this one - I couldn't wait til the weekend to get started, but didn't feel at all confident about finding traditional or micro caches in central London at lunch!

And having just woken up from dozing off at the keyboard, I'm off to get some proper sleep :lol:

I can understand why you'd dozed off at the keyboard after visiting this splendid establishment - I do it all the time after a few jars there! :o

Welcome to Geocaching, the fun starts now! :o

Edited by goldpot