What occupation do you find...

BiT

....that logs an EarthCache without meeting the requirement(s) or not following the instructions on EarthCaches?

Sadly about 90% of the time I have someone that lists education as the profession on their profile.

Most of the time they don't even upload a picture and answer any of the questions, just plain and simply post a find log. Sometimes they don't follow the instructions and then the least frequent is that they don't answer the questions correctly.

I'm fairly open and always try to provide them with feedback and the correct answers. I just find it strange that the education profession seems to lack luster when it come to finding EarthCaches.

So what has everyone else experienced?

What are your thoughts?

Disclaimer: I don't have any issues with any one in education and have a lot of family members and friends in that profession.

Good that you ask... I have experienced very educated folks who cannot figure a that a photo of yourself really means a picture of them with face. This has caused misery :lol: with certain folks who argue that a photo of yourself should equal a picture of a hand... "Cousin IT" is about the only thing who can actually get away with something like this. When was the last time you submitted a photo ID of only your hand? Come on now folks :anitongue::laughing::ph34r: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good that you ask... I have experienced very educated folks who cannot figure a that a photo of yourself really means a picture of them with face. This has caused misery :D with certain folks who argue that a photo of yourself should equal a picture of a hand... "Cousin IT" is about the only thing who can actually get away with something like this. When was the last time you submitted a photo ID of only your hand? Come on now folks :D:D:anitongue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

that is the most hypocritical post on this board... :laughing:

This poster has logged at least 6 of his own hides without posting a picture where required... :lol: He logged this one (without the required photo) and this one from more than a thousand miles away... :D Then there is this one and this one, two classics from a few thousand miles away... :DB):lol:

And I will be posting finds for 5 more ECs that are about 1500 miles away from where I live soon. Yep I can log my own finds (I found it anyway) and if the owner allows it I will post without photos. I always ask first and just don't assume things :):):) .

And the classics you mention, I was fortunate enough to get to spend a day geocaching with the owner of those two earth caches. The benefits of being in the military is that the Army takes me all over the world.

Good that you ask... I have experienced very educated folks who cannot figure a that a photo of yourself really means a picture of them with face. This has caused misery :o with certain folks who argue that a photo of yourself should equal a picture of a hand... "Cousin IT" is about the only thing who can actually get away with something like this. When was the last time you submitted a photo ID of only your hand? Come on now folks :blink::blink::blink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh:

that is the most hypocritical post on this board... :blink:

This poster has logged at least 6 of his own hides without posting a picture where required... :unsure: He logged this one (without the required photo) and this one from more than a thousand miles away... :unsure: Then there is this one and this one, two classics from a few thousand miles away... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by Cav Scout

And I will be posting finds for 5 more ECs that are about 1500 miles away from where I live soon. Yep I can log my own finds (I found it anyway) and if the owner allows it I will post without photos. I always ask first and just don't assume things :):):) .

And the classics you mention, I was fortunate enough to get to spend a day geocaching with the owner of those two earth caches. The benefits of being in the military is that the Army takes me all over the world.

Good that you ask... I have experienced very educated folks who cannot figure a that a photo of yourself really means a picture of them with face. This has caused misery :) with certain folks who argue that a photo of yourself should equal a picture of a hand... "Cousin IT" is about the only thing who can actually get away with something like this. When was the last time you submitted a photo ID of only your hand? Come on now folks :blink::blink::blink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

that is the most hypocritical post on this board... :huh:

This poster has logged at least 6 of his own hides without posting a picture where required... :unsure: He logged this one (without the required photo) and this one from more than a thousand miles away... :unsure: Then there is this one and this one, two classics from a few thousand miles away... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:o

and your take on the Army Core Values? like Honor and Integrity? :blink:

I have had one of my EC logs deleted by the this very "Platinum Earthcacher" for not posting a pic of my face... however, when I read his reply to this post as well as look at his logs from previous posts of his EC finds there is absolutely something fishy if not down right WRONG about them...

How can you log a EC cache in Colorado when you are in ALASKA!?!?

Even though Cirrus may not be ARMY he definitely has a point. I am embarrassed for you!

....that logs an EarthCache without meeting the requirement(s) or not following the instructions on EarthCaches?

Sadly about 90% of the time I have someone that lists education as the profession on their profile.

Most of the time they don't even upload a picture and answer any of the questions, just plain and simply post a find log. Sometimes they don't follow the instructions and then the least frequent is that they don't answer the questions correctly.

I'm fairly open and always try to provide them with feedback and the correct answers. I just find it strange that the education profession seems to lack luster when it come to finding EarthCaches.

What are your thoughts?

Disclaimer: I don't have any issues with any one in education and have a lot of family members and friends in that profession.

It is odd people in the very profession that is most compatible to the activity often believe or behave as though the rules and regulations of that activity are optional when applied to them. Look at the law enforcement folk who fall afoul of the law. Strange.

edited for speeling

Edited by ATMouse

How about getting to my OP?

If you want to debate this other crap start a different thread. Let's get back to the subject.

Hmmm, let me re-read the original post...

What are your thoughts?

That was my experience with EC's, I rarely even bother with them (or virtuals for that matter) anymore.

If platinum EC members can't do it right what do they expect from others?

Lead by example