caches along routes

I have loaded a file from google earth of a route we will be taking in a weeks time - have done this before so should be straightforward. Got a nice kml file. Uploaded it so I can do a search for caches along the route. I go to pocket queries - then to find caches along route - then to my created routes - then find the route I have saved to this - and click create pocket query - then get an error saying internet explorer cannnot open the site so it is abandoned. Anyone any ideas what is going on?

I have loaded a file from google earth of a route we will be taking in a weeks time - have done this before so should be straightforward. Got a nice kml file. Uploaded it so I can do a search for caches along the route. I go to pocket queries - then to find caches along route - then to my created routes - then find the route I have saved to this - and click create pocket query - then get an error saying internet explorer cannnot open the site so it is abandoned. Anyone any ideas what is going on?

Yep...

Not been working for a while, although if you download and use Firefox, it works fine.

Seems it's a Windows IE problem.

I don't usually use firefox, but had one heck of a lot of cache planning to do, so downloaded it, used it and removed it again.

There is a thread on the main forum about this. Looks like a problem but not sure if GC are looking into it.

Chris (MrB)

Thanks Chris. Will look at that. Need to get the route sorted so going to have to find a way to download this. But seems some it works for firefox not for others. How can you get this done using memory map gpx?

It's the latest IE update. Try Firefox. It'll work.

Edited by ventura_kids

Arc builder has been suggested previously...

Arc Builder is all very well and good, but when you have done your route and got your KML file, it's when you come to run the PQ you get the problem... that's when I chop to Firefox.

You can do the route no prob in IE, but running the PQ has to be done in Forefox atm.