Getting a Geocache # before posting?

slukster

I am going to be hiding my first cache and I wanted to print up a nice FTF certificate and well as a sheet to place in the cache with the cache info. Is there a way of submitting the cache listing but not actually posting it to the site until after I am issued a number? I want to be able to type in the cach # on all of the documents but I am afraid the FTF might get to it before I am able to get back with a printed certificate. Thank you for your help.

-slukster

I am going to be hiding my first cache and I wanted to print up a nice FTF certificate and well as a sheet to place in the cache with the cache info. Is there a way of submitting the cache listing but not actually posting it to the site until after I am issued a number? I want to be able to type in the cach # on all of the documents but I am afraid the FTF might get to it before I am able to get back with a printed certificate. Thank you for your help.

-slukster

Just go ahead and fill out the page for a new listing and make sure to uncheck:

"Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.) "

When you create a cache page, even if it's not 'active' yet it is given it's GC number.

There is a very meaningless named cache in Maine that is just it's GCnumber. I thought that my PDA or GSAK had a hiccup on that one but no the owner named it that for some reason.

Just go ahead and fill out the page for a new listing and make sure to uncheck:

"Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.) "

Thank you for the info. That is what I was hoping could be done. I wasn't sure if a number would be assigned until after being reviewed.