G.E.O.C.O.I.N F.E.S.T. 2009

avroair

Henderson would be very cool, and cheaper then actual Las Vegas. I should be able to help out as well. rsg, you may be getting looked up in about 1 1/2 months, my wife is really interested in your flipflops coins.

Edited by Clandoyle

Henderson would be very cool, and cheaper then actual Las Vegas. I should be able to help out as well. rsg, you may be getting looked up in about 1 1/2 months, my wife is really interested in your flipflops coins.

oh, i am not involved in the flip flop coins. that is someone else.

lara

oh, i am not involved in the flip flop coins. that is someone else.

lara

It is UOTrackers who made them.

So who is actually putting a bid in for it? I see lots of people saying let's go here or there, but without someone to host it there, it won't happen. Do we have any cities to start talking about yet that are actually putting a bid in?

I would love to put in an official bid, but I don't know where to send it. :anitongue:

So who is actually putting a bid in for it? I see lots of people saying let's go here or there, but without someone to host it there, it won't happen. Do we have any cities to start talking about yet that are actually putting a bid in?

I would love to put in an official bid, but I don't know where to send it. :ph34r:

You can send it to me, this isn't actually a bid thread, just one to strike up some location ideas. :anitongue: If anyone has any questions or would like a bid sheet LMK. Youtube video is optional. :laughing:

How about Nashville, TN?

I'd go to TN. I've always wanted to visit Nashville.

I'm going to Graceland, Graceland.....

Yea, but Geowoodstock is in Tennessee next year.

True, didn't think about that. Nashville area however, is a great caching area, with lots of parks and a very large amount of caches.

Take a look at this map and zoom out a couple of clicks.

Edited by OshnDoc
How about Kansas City? We are right here in the middle of the lower 48 and we have lots of caches and plenty of low priced hotels and great barbecue. We have some crazy little women here too.

I second this one! :laughing: Close to home. Daughter lives there. Free lodging (for me anyway) Perfect! This years is faarther than we'd want to drive & flying is not in the budget. Center of the country too. :laughing:

CF30

'snip...'Free lodging (for me anyway) Perfect! This years is faarther than we'd want to drive & flying is not in the budget. "...snip'

CF30

I hear ya on this one...it is the exact reason that we did not attend the first GCF and GW-6. Luckily, this year I will be able to take advanatage of the free lodging option AND be able to drop the kids off at grandma's for a bit :laughing:

Edited by DresselDragons
How about Kansas City? We are right here in the middle of the lower 48 and we have lots of caches and plenty of low priced hotels and great barbecue. We have some crazy little women here too.

I second this one! :laughing: Close to home. Daughter lives there. Free lodging (for me anyway) Perfect! This years is faarther than we'd want to drive & flying is not in the budget. Center of the country too. :laughing:

CF30

I'm down with Kansas City too they do have great BBQ

Edited by seaeye

Hawaii, cause that's where I'll be living by 10/09. =)

Just as long as I can call the spare br/floor/futon!

(And don't say it, you're gonna make me cry... :D )

I'll share a futon with you. Joani never reads the forums anymore so I'm sure I won't get in trouble for saying that... :D

oh, wait, Kealia probably does and he's bigger than me... never mind.

--Marky

Don't y'all need a holiday in New Zealand.... all unique caches to y'all too...

One year Europe, one year US then one year somewhere else seems a fair distribution....

Yeah - I know - you will want someone to underwrite the event before even considering going offshore...

Might be cheaper for me to try and get sponsorship for a trip there.

(And don't say it, you're gonna make me cry... :o )

I'll share a futon with you. Joani never reads the forums anymore so I'm sure I won't get in trouble for saying that... :ph34r:

--Marky

Ok, but I kick!

Hawaii gets my vote! C'mon, don't you all want to take a little Hawaiian vacation? I can recommend some great camp sites to ease the burden on your wallets :unsure:

(And don't say it, you're gonna make me cry... :ph34r: )

I'll share a futon with you. Joani never reads the forums anymore so I'm sure I won't get in trouble for saying that... :drama:

--Marky

:unsure:

(runs to find Marky's home coords....)

(And don't say it, you're gonna make me cry... :drama: )

I'll share a futon with you. Joani never reads the forums anymore so I'm sure I won't get in trouble for saying that... :ph34r:

--Marky

Ok, but I kick!

Some things are worth the pain.

:unsure:

:o

Calgary! There is an EXTENSIVE trail system for biking, hiking, walking, jogging. Many, many parks (and safe too!).

Plus, for the hard-core outdoor folks you have the Canadian Rockies nearby.

IMG_0753.jpg

- you can also fish in the river that runs through the city.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Orlando Florida. Close to all the theme parks, great weather in October, International Airport, Convention Center and hotels out the gazoo. A real geocaching store for you to do your shopping only 50 miles to the east (shameless plug) and tons of great caches. If it is in October cachers can make it for the soon to be MEGA event Florida Finders Fest as well.

cfiles30188.jpg

There's Phoenix, home to the South Mountain Park: The World's Largest City Park. And what city park would be complete without a few geocaches... almost 90 of them.

East side of South Mountain Park and surrounding area

If that's not enough, there's the show in the sky every evening at dusk.... and sometimes there's an encore later

Besides, it's not like we're asking you to come to Phoenix in June, July, or August!! :mad:

There's Phoenix, home to the South Mountain Park: The World's Largest City Park. And what city park would be complete without a few geocaches... almost 90 of them.

If that's not enough, there's the show in the sky every evening at dusk.... and sometimes there's an encore later

Besides, it's not like we're asking you to come to Phoenix in June, July, or August!! :mad:

I vote for Phoenix. Wanted to go back there for a while. GCF would be a great reason. ;)

cfiles30188.jpg

Besides, it's not like we're asking you to come to Phoenix in June, July, or August!! ;)

August isn't a good time to visit Phoenix? Oops. Be there in 8 days. :mad:

Just curious. Who are the members of the Geocoin Committee or is there one? How is the final determination actually made on where the events are held and who determines that?

Cornerstone4

AtlantaGal

9key

and myself worked on the first GCF

Added are the second GCF group from Pittsburgh.