Major Change to the Moderating of this Forum

As many will know I've taken a Step Back from Moderating this forum, to allow me to concentrate on Reviewing and finding new UK Reviewers. After discussions with Miss Jenn, the decision has been made that this step back will be permanent. I will of course remain as a Mod just in the background.

So it gives me great pleasure to announce that in the future the UK Forum will have a full time Moderator :lol: So I hope you will all join me in giving a warm welcome to

.................................. mandarin

I hope you will show this friendly Duck the support that you have given to me :huh:. But just in caseyou all get rowdy mandarin has already stated

I'm a Rubber Duck and you can't quack me!

So once again please give a big welcome to mandarin

Deceangi

Well mandarin, welcome to this madhouse, I hope Dave has told you what you're in for :huh: Hopefully by the Mega event you'll have a good idea and will be able to exact appropriate revenge in person! ;)

I trust you're "local" (this is a local forum for local people, we'll have no trouble here :huh:) and know our funny ways.

Anyway, it's good to have you on board. Just don't duck your responsibilities. :lol:

I recon he's quackers fer comin in ere..

Reminds me.. Guy jumps in a pond an nearly drowns, gets pulled out by his mate.. mate says.. "What the ffff you doing.. yer know yer can't swim".. drowndee! says " Well I didnt think it was so deep.. only came halfway up that duck!!!"..

OK I'll get me coat

:lol:

Is the duck going to announce who he/she is and be open like all our other reviewers have been or is he/she going to be anon :huh:

Trying to think of words that rhyme with "duck" for your new nickname....................cant think of any off hand ;):wub:

Mandy :mad:

He will be revealing his true identity eventually :huh::lol:

Is the duck going to announce who he/she is and be open like all our other reviewers have been or is he/she going to be anon :lol:

Trying to think of words that rhyme with "duck" for your new nickname....................cant think of any off hand :huh::huh:

Mandy ;)

Hi Mandarin welcome from us - how about luck? Reckon you might need some :wub:

For those of us using FF and Adblock perhaps you could explain (I don't see any adverts)

I believe you can turn it off momentarily :huh: but for the moment I have:

"Ride The Ducks - Laugh and Learn by Land and Sea! on San Francisco's best duck tour."

(Presumably a reference to those converted DUKW troop carriers which drive round various cities, in and out of water; I've seen them in Liverpool too.)

and

Rubber ducks from Holland - More than 300 designs, also with your own logo!

Actually that last one puts me in mind of something not very family-friendly but that shouldn't be appearing if Groundspeak have got the right Google ad filtering in place. :lol:

Welcome mandarin, good duck luck with keeping the forum in check. :huh:

Is this the first step to a split within the UK as far as having separate moderators and reviewers? Or are you going to review as well?

It's the start of a split mandarin will not be Reviewing caches, and hopefully there will be no need for me to step forward to moderate. I intend staying in the background unless it's to cover holidays or issues needing very quick action

Me running around the house shouting I'm free I'm free. The Duck is doing it now :lol::huh:

Welcome mandarin, good duck luck with keeping the forum in check. :huh:

Is this the first step to a split within the UK as far as having separate moderators and reviewers? Or are you going to review as well?

It's the start of a split mandarin will not be Reviewing caches, and hopefully there will be no need for me to step forward to moderate. I intend staying in the background unless it's to cover holidays or issues needing very quick action

Me running around the house shouting I'm free I'm free. The Duck is doing it now :lol::huh:

Surely Deci will now revert to his normal name here now now he's not a mod... welcome back Dave and all the best to the new Duck... LOL.

Thankyou all for your good wishes.

I will be doing my Forum Mod homework over the next couple of weeks. I have to learn exactly the best way to do things. I don't want to go back over old ground, but I will try and review some of the more involved threads on here.

Until I am properly sorted out, I will just be flapping around for a bit. I 'm very pleased to know that deceangi will still be available on my right wing to give me any advice I need.

I'm sure I'll meet many of you at the Mega event very soon.

<quack>

Is the duck going to announce who he/she is and be open like all our other reviewers have been or is he/she going to be anon ;)

Trying to think of words that rhyme with "duck" for your new nickname....................cant think of any off hand :D:smile:

Mandy :grin:

He will be revealing his true identity eventually :D:D

That narrows it down, it's not Mrs B

Is the duck going to announce who he/she is and be open like all our other reviewers have been or is he/she going to be anon :ph34r:

Trying to think of words that rhyme with "duck" for your new nickname....................cant think of any off hand :lol::lol:

Mandy :D

He will be revealing his true identity eventually :laughing::anitongue:

That narrows it down, it's not Mrs B

Dam.n That's who I thought it was?