GC.com features

Antihiro

I've had a couple ideas about possible features for the geocaching.com site lately, and was wondering what others might think, and if they exist already and I'm just not aware of them.

The first idea was to have friend finds notifications. You can watch a cache and be notified when someone finds them, I'd like to be notified when specific friends on my list find caches. I know that this may lead to quite a few additional emails being sent out, but could be limited to 5 people you want to watch. As far as I know this feature doesn't exist, at least I haven't been able to find it.

The second idea I had was to have the ability to save notes for caches. More so for puzzle caches that I have solved and want to save the coords for later use. Having a little "notes pad" on the right of a cache page would be very handy, even with limited characters. When I view that particular cache, the notes/coords/hints I've created will be shown. These notes would of course only be viewable by the writer provided they are logged in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

The first sounds like an interesting feature ... also the ability to use information about a friend in a PQ would be nice as well (such as the ability to build a query which excludes caches found by you and a list of other cachers). This could be limited to "friends" only in order to get around any information disclosure concerns people might have ... if you don't want to give out this info, don't accept a friend request.

As for the second, try making a private bookmark list and place the cache on it. This will show up for you, but because it's private (do not make it a published list or a shared one) only you can see it and it's contents. The bookmark list contains a comment a field where you can note information about the cache. I don't do this personally as I maintain that information in GSAK, but have heard of others doing this.

Edited by Lasagna