Blind Cachers

Last year our granddaughter came out from Texas to visit us for a few weeks. I took her out geocaching and she really enjoyed it. This year she is back (now eight years old) and still has an interest in geocaching so I set her up with her own geocaching ID (Orange Eater). Her grandmother and I took her out tonight to find a night cache in the woods (Lassen National Forest) and she really enjoyed that. But to her it really didn't matter if it was night or day because she is blind. On the way back from the cache find, she asked me if I thought there were any other blind cachers. I told her I would ask and that is the purpose of this post. Do any of you know of any other cachers who are blind. I think she would be interested in hearing about their experiences caching.

Thanks, Sierra Rat

I'm legally blind.. I have some vision but it's pretty low in the one eye and the other eye I pretty much just see light and dark and have been caching for 5 years. I use a monocular for searching for the cache and a magnifier to see my gps which is set at the easiest contrast for me to read. I've always enjoyed nature and hiking so geocaching fits right in.

Last year I talked to a woman who worked with blind sports and she wanted to do something with geocaching. She wanted me to talk about geocaching but I'm just not good around groups but said I'd be willing to give it a try. I hope to hear from her.