silly question

steadfastandtrue

:lol: ok dumb question i have been seeing some letter combos i don't recognize tftc lpc would someone please explain

First off, welcome! :huh:

The GeoLex site linked above is a good resource when these come up...I still find myself using that site from time to time. TFTC and LPC are pretty common abbreviations that you'll run across, both here in the forums, and in cache logs.

TFTC = Thanks For The Cache.

LPC = Light Pole (or Lamp Post) Cache. That indicates a cache that's usually a quick park and grab located on or around a lamp post. Sometimes LPC is used somewhat negatively by those who don't like micro caches.

Edited by Mr. 0

:D ok dumb question i have been seeing some letter combos i don't recognize tftc lpc would someone please explain

First off, welcome! :sad:

The GeoLex site linked above is a good resource when these come up...I still find myself using that site from time to time. TFTC and LPC are pretty common abbreviations that you'll run across, both here in the forums, and in cache logs.

TFTC = Thanks For The Cache.

LPC = Light Pole (or Lamp Post) Cache. That indicates a cache that's usually a quick park and grab located on or around a lamp post. Sometimes LPC is used somewhat negatively by those who don't like micro caches.

People don't like light pole caches????...why would anyone get upset about caches in the middle of a parking lot full of muggles and security guards in little cars with yellow lights...I mean doesn't everyone get a secret thrill out of lifting up skirts and looking under them and trying to look innocent while they dash back to their car to write their name on a little piece of damp paper and then have to sneak back to the light pole and put it back...like you can really sneak back to anything thats out in the middle of a parking lot full of mugggl.............. :D:smile::grin:;) .....okay I'm back now...did I say anything inappropriate????

Oh, by the way...WELCOME TO THE SPORT!!!!! :D

Edited by CrippledBlindSquirrel

I mean doesn't everyone get a secret thrill out of lifting up skirts and looking under them and trying to look innocent while they dash back to their car to write their name on a little piece of damp paper

Well, if you're running around lifting up skirts, the ladies may complain to those security guards!

;)