How to load tracks to Nuvi 255w ?

teamdw

I have a Nuvi 255w and would like to upload tracks from mapsource. Is there a way to do this?
The 255W will create tracks. I have a 205W and I've uploaded the tracks to Mapsource. However, don't you want to upload Routes, not tracks, from Mapsource to your 255W?

I know the 255w will create tracks and upload them to mapsource, but i was hopping that i could download tracks that i have on mapsource to the 255w.

I thought i read somewhere, that someone was able to take tracks from mapsource and put them on the 255w.

Edited by teamdw

I don't think so. It is glitch in the firmware that allows the tracks to be recorded at all. But the firmware doesn't have any ability (at least currently) to import external track or route data and store it on the unit.

WOW a glitch. I hope they don't try to stop it from allowing the tracks to record in a firmware update. But i do hope they add the ability to import track data and store it on the unit.

With topo on this unit and the Macro to allow paperless caching i really like my 255W

Thanks you for the info.

Maybe. But on the other units, it also worked initially and then Garmin disabled it with firmware updates. There's still no capability to load tracks to the unit.

I agree that you can't load tracks to it.

The reason I think it's intentional on the 2x5 is that there is no hack involved, and there is a My Data option to clear the tracklog.