Yet another stupid question from me...

Normally I wouldn't consider any question stupid, but seeing as I figured this out once before and am now completely incapable of figuring it out again... it's a stupid question.

Anyway... how do I request to add someone as a friend?

EDIT: Well, luckily he sent a request to me. But I'd still like to know... I went back and looked, and the first one I sent had a link "send friend request" or something like that. This latest one didn't. Why?

Edited by Silfron

Go to your "My Friends" page. Towards the top are the large words, "Add a Friend". Type the cacher's name in that box, and click "Go". It will either accept that name, or give you a drop down box of cacher's names that are similar so that you can choose the correct one and then click, "Pick a User". When you choose the name, it will send you to an email page where the option on the bottom is chosen that shows that you want to send a friend request. Type in your message and send! :unsure:

Edited by Ambrosia

ok, here's MY stupid question: what does a friend (in terms of this site, just in case you're tempted to be a smartypants) do? is there a point to it? what does it enable?

Just a convenient page listing your friends making it easy if you want to check their profiles or see their stats.

Some day maybe more? :unsure: