OS Map Greasemonkey script and Firefox.

I have been away on holiday and am trying to catch up. What is the current state of play regarding Firefox Ver 3 and Greasemonkey scripts, especially Forum Tools, (ignore thread) and the OS map substituter for cache pages.

I have no intention of migrating to Ver 3 until at least these 2 scripts work with it.

I have been away on holiday and am trying to catch up. What is the current state of play regarding Firefox Ver 3 and Greasemonkey scripts, especially Forum Tools, (ignore thread) and the OS map substituter for cache pages.

I have no intention of migrating to Ver 3 until at least these 2 scripts work with it.

The OS map substituter is working fine under FF3.

The forum tools are not.

I hope this helps.

Edited by walkergeoff

For me the map script still works, but the forum tools script doesn't & I think that's the current state of play.

:D I am new to geo caching. I looked at a cache location on Tuesday 22 and was able to click on a line which showed a OS map of the cache, which I printed off.

Now I can't see the information I selected before and no map.

I have still got Greasemonkey. Can anybody provide the information I need to get the maps back

Thanks

:D I am new to geo caching. I looked at a cache location on Tuesday 22 and was able to click on a line which showed a OS map of the cache, which I printed off.

I have still got Greasemonkey. Can anybody provide the information I need to get the maps back

Thanks

You say you had to click a line.... I think you mean you had to click on the Streetmap link... further down the cache page. That goes to an OS page.

:laughing: I am new to geo caching. I looked at a cache location on Tuesday 22 and was able to click on a line which showed a OS map of the cache, which I printed off.

Thanks

You say you had to click a line.... I think you mean you had to click on the Streetmap link... further down the cache page. That goes to an OS page.

This line of information,it may have been numbers, was at the top next to the 'British Grid' reference.

But I found out it was linked to the OS/Getamap page which I can use through their website.

Thanks for your advise.

This line of information,it may have been numbers, was at the top next to the 'British Grid' reference.

But I found out it was linked to the OS/Getamap page which I can use through their website.

Thanks for your advise.

Oh, you're looking for the 'Geocaching Map Linker' Greasemonkey script. Unfortunately the website changes that Groundspeak rolled out on geocaching.com a few days ago broke the script. I forget who maintains that one (sorry :laughing: ) but I'd guess it'll get fixed soon ish.

(edit coz i cannt spel)

Edited by JeremyR

Two? Oh, that'll be scottpa's rehash that was put up as a temp measure whilst the server was having some DNS issues.

The first link should be used, and I'd be grateful if mandarin could make that clear in the first post of that thread that the link on edgemaster.geocache.org.uk is always current (I cant edit it)

Edited by Edgemaster

I've never managed to get Edgemaster's OS script to work (I just get "Sorry this map tile cannot be served") but this one shows GetaMap fine.

It almost works OK for me but I don't get the red arrow. Any ideas?

Lordelph's script almost works OK for me, too. No red arrow, and moving/zooming the Getamap window doesn't work.

I've emailed Lordelph with the error messages from Firefox's error console, version numbers etc. to see if this can be fixed ... hope so!

Paul

Lordelph's script almost works OK for me, too. No red arrow, and moving/zooming the Getamap window doesn't work.

I've emailed Lordelph with the error messages from Firefox's error console, version numbers etc. to see if this can be fixed ... hope so!

Paul

Ah! I see what you mean. It is possible to move or zoom just once but then it ignores any further clicks. I hadn't noticed that when I tried it out.

Still a lot more useful than Edgemaster's which doesn't work for me at all although others seem to find it OK.