Lake Tahoe Must Do's

Hey All,

This dog's going to the lake in Sept. for four days. Looking at the map there are a gazillion caches in and around Tahoe, a lot more than we can find during our short stay. So what are some of the must do caches in the area?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yodadog

Fallen Leaf Lake and Campground rock for entertainment and a place to stay. Few good caches in the area also. Enjoy! :sad:

{* Shameless Plug *}

You need to take the short drive up White Hill and get a few other caches up there as well.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Other than MooseMob's shameless plug. If you want to spend a day driving around the lake the "Mile Marker" series is a lot of fun, they consist of a great variety of relative drive ups, and you get to see most of the lake. The few that are at Emerald Bay are worth it too!

Here are some of my favorite Tahoe caches:

Trickee Tahoe Lumber Co., especially fun if it is during normal business hours

Trekking down the Truckee, good place for a sack lunch and a swim.

Balancing Cache, cool rocks in the area

Anniversary Cache, awesome views

All Shapes and Sizes, ok cache but it takes you to what the locals call "Fanny Bridge" very big fish that you can feed here.

And like Faith mentioned, if you're headed at all down to Reno Hoofocker is a must, unfortunately Dot, Dot, Dark has been archived :unsure:

Hi, yodadog!

I've never told you this, but you're my geocaching hero! Your logs inspired me to look beyond the cache and avoid the cutting and pasting, even if my bipedal handler gets lazy and does it.

If you're ever down in Diego, look us up; I'll have some Cheweez waiting for you.

--Ginger! paw_pink_left.gif

Hi, yodadog!

I've never told you this, but you're my geocaching hero! Your logs inspired me to look beyond the cache and avoid the cutting and pasting, even if my bipedal handler gets lazy and does it.

If you're ever down in Diego, look us up; I'll have some Cheweez waiting for you.

--Ginger! paw_pink_left.gif

Oh my, Ginger :D:D . The mistress used to live in Diego long ago in OB -- I'll have to tell her about the Cheweez and get out there to meet you.

But don't want to derail the thread too much. I'm at Camp Alphadog while the master and mistress are making their way around the lake. I understand that the mile marker series is driving them crazy with all that dinging on the Nuvii. Me thinks they loaded way too many caches!

Thanks again for the input everyone! Reports say they made it to a balancing rock and a dead man's lair today without killing each other ;) .