Garmin Oregon Maps/Memory Question

Oky777

Thinking of purchasing a Garmin Oregon and have a few question. I was thinking about the 400i model since I go fishing a lot but want to add the new TOPO U.S. 24K microSD card for hiking and geocahing ( I live in Washington state and don't need topo for the whole U.S.) and I also have a custom map overlay of some local trails, could I fit all this into one unit ? Is the Inland lakes maps on the microSD card or internal memory ? Where would I put the custom map overlays, in internal memory ? Thanks for your help.

I Haven't seen the answer to my question concerning Custom Maps in the Oregon wiki or through a search and since I am considering the Oregon 400c I have the following question. In order to view a transparent Custom Map with another Garmin Mapset does the Custom Mapset have to be in the same memory loaction (units's internal memory vs micro sd memory card).? Ex. can you have your Custom Maps in the internal memory and view them with CN NT loaded on a memory card via the DVD?