TB not logged into cache but in someone's hands

Hellolost

I found a Pony Express travel bug that is in someone's hands since March of this year. I found it in a cache but I am not sure how to log it. It gives me the option to grab it from the last holder. But I didn't.

Can you help explain how to log this travel bug. I am sure the owner would like to know where it is.

I found a Pony Express travel bug that is in someone's hands since March of this year. I found it in a cache but I am not sure how to log it. It gives me the option to grab it from the last holder. But I didn't.

Can you help explain how to log this travel bug. I am sure the owner would like to know where it is.

Email the cacher who shows as having it and ask them if they placed it in the cache and when and if they plan to log it. Give then a while as people tend to be on vacation this time of year and they might not reply right away to your email. If you don't hear anything within a couple of weeks go ahead and grab it, drop it in the cache where you found it and then retrieve it.

OK. So I email him. If I don't hear back then I grab it from him. Drop it into the cache I found it at and then retrieve it from the cache I found it at.

Yes. As WRASTRO says, that's the polite way of doing it :rolleyes: , but some cachers just grab the coin immediately into their own hands :rolleyes: .

By logging it in and out of the cache once you've grabbed it you will ensure that the coin gets the correct mileage for its travels.

MrsB

I may have goofed a day or two ago. I found a TB in a cache, wrote down the tracking number, and put it back. When I got home, I started to log it, but it was shown in a different cache for over three months. I simply retrieved it from there and put it in the cache where I found it.

Wonder who moved it and if it went through any other caches on the way to where I discovered it...

After a little digging, it appears the guy who moved it doesn't bother to log ANY TB's, he just moves them.

Edited by KD5XB

:blink::o:sunsure::o:lol: :: :o:blink::rolleyes::huh::rolleyes:;)

OK. So I email him. If I don't hear back then I grab it from him. Drop it into the cache I found it at and then retrieve it from the cache I found it at.

Yes. As WRASTRO says, that's the polite way of doing it :) , but some cachers just grab the coin immediately into their own hands :D .

By logging it in and out of the cache once you've grabbed it you will ensure that the coin gets the correct mileage for its travels.

MrsB