So how long does it normally take to get a new cache reviewed?

I only ask because the last one we got listed only took about 24 hours but this one is taking a lot longer. There should be no issues with it since we got permission from the county to place it. I was telling my wife, maybe they don't review new caches on the weekends.

Figure up to 72 hours. The revewers are volunteers, they have lives too. I will say that the MD and VA reviewers I've dealt with are top notch in my experience.

Someone tell the PTB at Groundspeak that they need raises :rolleyes:

-Roger

Edited by CCrew

I only ask because the last one we got listed only took about 24 hours but this one is taking a lot longer. There should be no issues with it since we got permission from the county to place it. I was telling my wife, maybe they don't review new caches on the weekends.

Figure up to 72 hours. The revewers are volunteers, they have lives too. I will say that the MD and VA reviewers I've dealt with are top notch in my experience.

Someone tell the PTB at Groundspeak that they need raises :rolleyes:

-Roger

Three days really? Is it the website crew that does it or do they have volunteers around the world who help out?

LOL ahhh gotcha, it's all clear now. Friggin Europeans. lol

:sunsure: While it's my understanding that any reviewer can publish, it could also be that due to the county permission portion it's being deferred temporarily to the more local reviewer. That's speculation though as I'm sure all the reviewers have access to guidelines. But if he should happen to be away for a day or two in this heavy vacation period I personally hope he/she is having a good time rather than publishing caches :lol::rolleyes::huh::rolleyes::blink: . Remember, it's only a game! :blink:

-Roger

Our Northern California volunteer reviewers (Nomex and Krypton especially) do a fantastic job and I've never seen a submission take anywhere near 24 hours to be reviewed. Sometimes there are questions involved or other things (like being too close to the final stage of a freaking puzzle cache with starting coords nearly 2 miles away) to consider... and we don't always see eye to eye... but they still do a great job. Had the opportunity to meet them at GW-VI and it brings everything into perspective... they're normal people with normal lives VOLUNTEERING their time so we can have some fun.

Weekends are especially busy around here and I've seen caches published by the volunteers really late on Friday/Saturday nights. Additionally, I've had caches published as early as 5:00 am as at least one of the reviewers is an early riser. Thanks guys!!! :rolleyes:

Anticipation! Like a father-to-be pacing the floor in the maternity ward!

Anywhere from "While you're still editing the page" to "three weeks." But, ususally, I expect "Wednesday".

Works for me! Once you learn to stop pacing the floor like a father-to-be.

Hugs to my reviewers. They do a great job.

I asked to have my latest cache delayed a day. :lol: My reviewer (Team Misguided) was very accomodating. Otherwise, she would have been very quick to publish the cache.

I placed a cache about a week ago, sat on it, and finally set it up last night, within 30 minutes Mountain Climber had it published.

Mondays, Tuesdays or just early in the week seem to be quicker.

Looks like your cache was published this morning. Now the fun of waiting for the FTF.

W00T! Two finds on the first day!

So what's the general consensus on logging your own caches as finds in your stats? Is that considered padding or is it acceptable?

Hummm that might be a good subject for a new thread.

Looks like your cache was published this morning. Now the fun of waiting for the FTF.

I think this is the first time in 3 years I've had one of these. I should try harder. ;)

Hey bud I was not slamming you. You reviewed our other one really fast, that's why we were asking.

::paces and slaps forehead muttering::

Don't piss off the reviewer, Don't piss off the reviewer, Don't piss off the reviewer.

Oh BTW Quiggle, I have been in contact with Jefferson Patterson Park. I am on the verge of getting them to open up that park with some rules. The main one is no digging, apparently they had a cacher get in there and bury a cache. Being that it is an active archaeological site I can see why they took offense.

I may need to bring you into the mix if they decide they want to talk to a reviewer to drive the "no digging" point home.

Oh BTW Quiggle, I have been in contact with Jefferson Patterson Park. I am on the verge of getting them to open up that park with some rules. The main one is no digging, apparently they had a cacher get in there and bury a cache. Being that it is an active archaeological site I can see why they took offense.

I'll send you an e-mail about this. Some work with them was done a while back, so I'll put you in contact with the person who did that.

I may need to bring you into the mix if they decide they want to talk to a reviewer to drive the "no digging" point home.

It's in the guidelines, and if they have a formal approval process (see my e-mail) they'll be able to rest assured caches will not be buried.

We can take this off the forums from here.

Thanks!

/Q

I think this is the first time in 3 years I've had one of these. I should try harder. :lol:

Hey bud I was not slamming you. You reviewed our other one really fast, that's why we were asking.

::paces and slaps forehead muttering::

Don't piss off the reviewer, Don't piss off the reviewer, Don't piss off the reviewer.

:anitongue::laughing::ph34r:

Sometimes it helps to provide an adequate donation to their paypal account. PM Quiggle for the number. :lol:

W00T! Two finds on the first day!

So what's the general consensus on logging your own caches as finds in your stats? Is that considered padding or is it acceptable?

Hummm that might be a good subject for a new thread.

I dont see why you couldnt log your own caches, its up to you if you really wanted to.

Just remember that quiggle has a normal life just like any reviewer, so sometimes he can be really slow to publish caches. :laughing::anitongue:

Just kidding Q We love you!

I know this topic was posted about 1.5 years ago but I will put my answer in anyways. I am in the same area that PurpHaze is in (Cen Cal) and never have to wait more than 12 hours, much less 24 hours. One cache of mine was literally published 2 minutes after I submitted it (no joke, really 2 mins). If it takes longer than a few hours I'd just email one of the reviewers and ask them to make it speedy. I've done that too with no problemo.

If it takes longer than a few hours I'd just email one of the reviewers and ask them to make it speedy. I've done that too with no problemo.

Please don't do this. It's not like a reviewer sits in front of his PC waiting for submissions.

If you submit a cache, the odds of the reviewer being online and reviewing caches at that moment aren't great. He may be at work, or out caching, or at his kid's Little League game, or at church, or fixing a leaky sink, or cooking dinner, or doing the same kinds of things the rest of us do every day.

He most likely has a few hours he sets aside a few nights every week to review caches, so a cache sitting a few hours is the norm.

If it's been more than three days, feel free to e-mail the reviewer to see if there are issues, but a few hours? Don't.