Feature Request: Date Cache Last Found

KMTB Cachers

Would it be possible to add a field that indicates the date that the cache was last found on the Geocaching Map page when you click on the cache to see basic details of the cache?

If would be nice to have a quick check if the cache has been found before we attempt to go to it. This would also be good when creating a pocket query for a trip and ending up trying to find a cache that hasn't been found in more than a couple of months. An example would be trying to find a cache in the winter.

Would it be possible to add a field that indicates the date that the cache was last found on the Geocaching Map page when you click on the cache to see basic details of the cache?

If would be nice to have a quick check if the cache has been found before we attempt to go to it. This would also be good when creating a pocket query for a trip and ending up trying to find a cache that hasn't been found in more than a couple of months. An example would be trying to find a cache in the winter.

dowload and install GSAK http://gsak.net/ it has everything you need and you can download pocket queries directly into it then into your gps you can also access it from the resources section of geocaching.com

Well, there's another potential problem here. I just found a few caches today that hadn't been found for more than 3 months. But that was because they were in an area that is a bit off the beaten track. They were great caches and by simply ignoring them you could miss some good stuff. Even caches not found in winter can be due to people not going out in the cold rather than an inability to find them.

Really, there is no substitute to actually reading logs and seeing what might be going on. I find that sometimes to get the best out of this activity you just have to do the prep work and nothing automated will perfectly replace that.

JD

I don't check "date last found" as criteria for exactly the reasons mentioned. Some of the best caches require a bit of a commitment from a time/distance perspective or have a tricky puzzle associated with them and as such don't get found as often.

The answer however is still GSAK ... I use the "last four logs" field (even download it to my GPSr as part of the notes field for the waypoint). At a glance I can see what the last four logs on the cache were -- and if they were all DNF's (or the most recent two or there are), then I consider bypassing it until I see a note posted saying it was maintained or confirming the cache's presence or I check the cache writeup to see if maybe there's a reason for the DNF's (newbies or a difficult hide, etc.)