Caching Tommorow! Quick Simple Answer Please!

jeffhghtn
Followers 0

Okay, so I'm leaving to the cottage tomorrow morning and won't have internet. I did all my research for my first hunt, and now I realize my GPS only shows decimal places, and doesn't really have arrows to guide me along.

So if I convert all the co-ordinates to decimal place, should I just use my GPS and try to get the decimal places as close as I can to the ones I have? Get close to the cache and try and find the spot using co-ordinates, because my GPS doesn't show the map while im looking at long/lat. It's meant for driving I believe.

without knowing anything about your GPSr I would say you should be able to change the position format in one of the menus on your unit. Yes I said Unit.... If your GPSr doesn't have an navigation feature then yes you will have to simply find the location of the cache by trying to get the coordinates on your GPSr to match the coordinates of the cache, easier said then done at first!

without knowing anything about your GPSr I would say you should be able to change the position format in one of the menus on your unit. Yes I said Unit.... If your GPSr doesn't have an navigation feature then yes you will have to simply find the location of the cache by trying to get the coordinates on your GPSr to match the coordinates of the cache, easier said then done at first!

Thats exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks! I'm off to try my first geocache!