Logging Geocoin

AF Bmet

I found a geocoin in a container but the person that dropped it off has not logged the cache yet. Do I wait for the person to log there cache or do I transfer the bug from there hands to mine. I have already marked it as discover in the cache where I found it.

It is always best for each person to log the trackable as they pick it up and move it along -- in that way the miles get recorded correctly and in some cases the distance traveled is part of the goal of the trackable item. That being said, sometimes it is not possible because some cachers are not conscientious about logging travel bugs and coins. I would wait a couple of days to see if the previous holder of the trackable logs it. If they don't you can grab it from them and get it logged. You could also send them an email and remind them to log it so you can move it along.

I found a geocoin in a container but the person that dropped it off has not logged the cache yet. Do I wait for the person to log there cache or do I transfer the bug from there hands to mine. I have already marked it as discover in the cache where I found it.

Wait a few days to give the other cacher a chance to drop the coin into the cache. If they don't drop it then email them and let them know that you found the coin and ask them if they want to drop it or if they want you to grab it. Keep a watch on the cache and on the coin so you know if they logged the cache. I have always received a response from the other cacher when I have used this method.

Don't worry about placing the coin in another cache until you have resolved this issue.

Thank you all for the input. I am going to wait for a few days and give them a chance to log it. If they don't I will e-mail the person and give them a chance to respond. I just wasn't 100% what the proper thing to do in this situation was.