Email notifications

Tizzie

I don't seem to be getting any notification emails through, either owner emails, or for anything on my watchlist. I remember a similar problem a while ago that took a couple of weeks to be resolved IIRC. Is this a general problem? I have received a couple of emails sent to me via my profile. My ISP is Orange.

I don't seem to be getting any notification emails through, either owner emails, or for anything on my watchlist. I remember a similar problem a while ago that took a couple of weeks to be resolved IIRC. Is this a general problem? I have received a couple of emails sent to me via my profile. My ISP is Orange.

Mine just disappeared the other day too and when I went to check on my notifications status, the one I had set up had totally disappeared. Go figure...no clue what happened to it, but I set it up again and am now getting lots of emails about finds, DNF's, new caches, etc.

I have noticed the same thing.. I posted a note to one of my caches a couple of days ago, and I still haven't received anything. I am getting a few through though!

Starting yesterday, I have not received emails on caches that were in my watchlist that I have posted notes or have logged. I have received emails from caches on my watchlist that were logged by other caches. All my other notifications seem to be working just fine though. Just seems to not want to send emails on my logs for caches on my watchlist. <_<

Starting yesterday, I have not received emails on caches that were in my watchlist that I have posted notes or have logged. I have received emails from caches on my watchlist that were logged by other caches. All my other notifications seem to be working just fine though. Just seems to not want to send emails on my logs for caches on my watchlist. :rolleyes:

Exactly the same symptoms here.

I don't think I'm receiving Owner logs for any of my TBs either... :rolleyes:

I track my geocoins and TBs pretty closely - and put watches on caches they are sitting in so I can see if people are visiting the cache and not mentioning or moving the coin/TB.

So I got one today on a coin of mine and didn't recognize the cache name it was retrieved from. I figured someone dropped it and didn't have time to log it etc. But when I went to the coin's page, I noticed SEVERAL logs I never received.

Hmm....I hope someone will check into this and make sure the notification system is working properly.

We have noticed the same thing, we are receiving all watchlist notifications if others move TBs, but not when we log a TB. This is only occuring when we are logged into our GC master account of our 3 accounts.

We have compared notes with other geofriends, and we recieved all of their log email pick up notifications of the same TBs that we dropped and got no notifications for our drops.

Is GC filtering out those emails from being processed. Sure is frustrating when you are trying to keep track of your own items, if you don't receive the notifications.

It seemed to start around the 15-16th. We just haven't been able to investigate until now.

Edited by MaxB on the River

Yes I've noticed this as well, starting on the 16th or 17th I have received some, but not all notifications on my travelers. Today one of my geocoins was dropped and retrieved by the same cacher who is taking it along for a ride, and I received the retrieve notification but nothing for the drop.

I get emails from activity on my caches and coins when others log them, but I haven't been getting any when I log them. I have not recieved the emails from my personal coin that is tracking my mileage, nor have I recieved emails when I have posted notes on caches that I have on bookmarks or my watch list. I do get emails when other cachers log caches on my watch list or bookmarks. I wonder if Groundspeak is filtering out emails when the owner of the watch list and caches post logs for them.

Add me to the list of people not receiving emails concerning my own caches/bugs or others on my watchlist. Notifications and Pocket Queries seem to be working fine. I use Gmail.

Any moderator or PTB care to confirm or deny a problem at gc.com's end?

I'm not getting any emails when I log my personal tracker. I also tried logging one of my caches with a note log, found it log, dnf log, owner maintenance log, temp disable log, and enable log. I did not receive emails on any of the logs. Logged off and logged back in on another user id. Wrote a found log on the same cache and received the email instantly.

I'd just like to say that I DON'T MIND not receiving EMail for events I triggered myself.

After all, I don't need an EMail to tell me I just dropped my XYZ coin in cache PQR!

Personally I think this is a step forward, but I would like to be certain I am not missing something I should be getting in my EMail.

Is this intentional, or serendipitous happenstance?

We received many but not all logs from our watchlist. We haven't received at least two placed logs of two of our TBs (written by other geocachers). We suspected a problem on our site, so we checked all SPAM-filters - nothing in there concerning geocaching. (And we do have rules in front of the spam filter which make sure that all emails from gc.com will be "whitelisted".)

Edited by tobsas

I'd just like to say that I DON'T MIND not receiving EMail for events I triggered myself.

After all, I don't need an EMail to tell me I just dropped my XYZ coin in cache PQR!

Personally I think this is a step forward, but I would like to be certain I am not missing something I should be getting in my EMail.

That's kind of my position as well.

I agree. I've seen a lot of posts mentioning the problem, but haven't been able to locate an acknowledgement or a post indicating it is being worked. I know that's not the important part, but just curious...

Since the latest updates to the website i have not been receiving e-mails for my trackables either

although i am getting mails for items on my watchlist i use live messenger and the junk folder is empty I think it must be a website issue

Hope it gets sorted soon :laughing:

I just got an email about a note that I POSTED on MY cache. I prefered it when I did not receive emails about events that I triggered, esp with my personal geocoin.

I get emails from activity on my caches and coins when others log them, but I haven't been getting any when I log them. I have not recieved the emails from my personal coin that is tracking my mileage, nor have I recieved emails when I have posted notes on caches that I have on bookmarks or my watch list. I do get emails when other cachers log caches on my watch list or bookmarks. I wonder if Groundspeak is filtering out emails when the owner of the watch list and caches post logs for them.

I was really glad that the emails from my personal coin stopped about 2 months ago. :anibad: but.......

Last night when I logged my coin into my finds, I noticed that my mailbox was filling up with both retrieval and drop notices of my own coin.

Does anybody know what changed? Please put it back the way it was.

Also noticed that when I stopped getting owner notes on my coin, the other notifications stopped. Once I went in and set up the notifications again they have been working fine.