mark downloaded caches

ali.s

Hello,

Every summer I use the geocaching site more intensively. And a very nice 'new' option is the checkbox behind every cache in the list. Maybe this can be 'finetuned' by an extra box (or watermark check in the same box) when downloaded? Then I no longer need to compare the 'result' list with my GPS-cachelist... Would be nice.:rolleyes:

Alex (Holland)

Hello,

Every summer I use the geocaching site more intensively. And a very nice 'new' option is the checkbox behind every cache in the list. Maybe this can be 'finetuned' by an extra box (or watermark check in the same box) when downloaded? Then I no longer need to compare the 'result' list with my GPS-cachelist... Would be nice.<_<

Alex (Holland)

It would be a lot easier if you handle this with Pocket Queries and GSAK. Technically the website would have to either place a cookie for every cache you download or maintaina separate database for each users downloaded caches. Probably not going to happen.

The problem with that idea is that TPTB would prefer that you have the most up to date data. The cache page and it's associated data changes constantly. If you have a check box indicating that you have already downloaded it, you might miss the fact that a cache has been disabled or archived.

... or moved 380 feet away.

On the surface this might seem like a handy feature but as has already been pointed out it eould be impractical. If your idea was implemented then there would also need to be a feature that DID give you caches that had changed since your previous download. Your best option, given your stated use, would be to use one of the third party programs that are available to assist you in sorting and reviewing your data.