Earthcache Geocoin

Carbon Hunter

So explain me like I'm 4 years old.

Why is an EarthCache a "Gone But Not Forgotten" cache? EarthCaching is still blooming and has a lot of time and space to progress...

At one time, EarthCaches were moved to the Waymarking site. Thankfully, they were moved back again to the GC side of things.

Buying requirements:

1) Can you determine the metals used in the production of this coin?

2) What minerals were they likely to have come from (look around the site to determine this and explain it in your answer)?

3) Can you estimate your height by dropping a coin and timing the fall?

4) Assuming that the coin is magnetic (could you determnine this?) - what minerals caused this?

If you complete all of these and email the owner - you will qualify to find the geocoin for sale on the earthcache.org site :rolleyes:<_<:blink:

at least it will keep us busy while waiting.

Maybe its the geocoin company taking so long to make the coin(that is if there's actually a coin in the works) I used the company "quality coins and pins" when I was in Iraq and had a coin designed and in my hand within 3 and a half weeks. I did this when I was working 18 hour days and in a combat zone in Mosul, Iraq.

Edited by Cav Scout

There is an EarthCache geocoin in the works at the moment......

If you have not yet done so, go see the EarthCache store (via www.earthcache.org) where you can get some other EC things as well

We have recently approved the final design and hope to have coins available soon.

At this stage there will be one type..sort of equivalent to the white EarthCache Masters pin.

The EarthCache geocoin is on its way! Designs have been finalized and approved. So production is underway. We will announce the release on the EarthCache website.

An update would be nice but given the history of the production I don't expect anything soon. Perhaps three or four more months?

I have received an email from Groundspeak that they are making some changes to their side of the design and that has been the hold up. Sometimes, when multiple partners are involved, these things happen. Both Groundspeak and EarthCache are keen to see the coin finished so you can all get one (or more).

I have received an email from Groundspeak that they are making some changes to their side of the design and that has been the hold up. Sometimes, when multiple partners are involved, these things happen. Both Groundspeak and EarthCache are keen to see the coin finished so you can all get one (or more).

Thanks for the update... Good news for a Black & Gold Sunday! :laughing::huh::)