Colorado Firmware 2.6

Dosido

This is just the compass. It does not work when moving or not held perfectly flat. Turn it off and the arrow will point in the correct direction.

Yup. I was having the same problem described above where the pointer would not point but the distance would show change as you zeroed in. Turned off compass and all works fine so far.

Have not messed with barometer as I have not had any need for it.

Any one seeing this issue?

8/2/08: Unit turns off in image view when going "back" from first picture. Select Shortcuts->Others->Image Viewer with several pictures loaded. When Image Viewer starts the first picture should be visible. Rotate the Rockn' Roller counter clockwise and the unit will shut off (2.6) [Misc]

GO$Rs

Any one seeing this issue?

8/2/08: Unit turns off in image view when going "back" from first picture. Select Shortcuts->Others->Image Viewer with several pictures loaded. When Image Viewer starts the first picture should be visible. Rotate the Rockn' Roller counter clockwise and the unit will shut off (2.6) [Misc]

GO$Rs

Not on my 300.

I am completely unable to get my colorado 400t to trigger proximity alarms. As far as I can tell, it is supposed to have alarm capability for custom POI's, but not regular waypoints. I've tried entering the proximity distance while creating the GPX file, I've tried including the keywords in the file name and the POI name, and I've tried using the manual mode of the POI loader. NOTHING works! I have a Garmin 530 HCX and it does the waypoint proximity alarms just fine, but does not do custom waypoint POI alarms. Where am I missing the boat? Is anyone else having a problem like this? Or...could this be another of the software flaws that are supposed to work, but don't? :lol:

....I am completely unable to get my colorado 400t to trigger proximity alarms.... I've tried using the manual mode of the POI loader.... Is anyone else having a problem like this?

This works on my 300 just fine, I just tested it on my way from work. I created a gpx file of custom points at street intersections along my route home, and loaded it using POI Loader to create a .gpi file. When loading it I used the manual mode and checked the box "This file contains proximity alert points.", then entered a proximity distance in the "Alert whenever you get close to a point".

It works, but the alert tone is woefully lacking. It sounds like a weak, baby sparrow that chirps lightly. If there is any outside noise at all it is hard to hear. No way to control the tone volume or change tones like my 60Cx. It also gives a screen alert in a red box saying something like; "Alert-(name-of-custom poi)". I set mine for 200 feet and I think it chirped entering and leaving the zone.

....I am completely unable to get my colorado 400t to trigger proximity alarms.... I've tried using the manual mode of the POI loader.... Is anyone else having a problem like this?

This works on my 300 just fine, I just tested it on my way from work. I created a gpx file of custom points at street intersections along my route home, and loaded it using POI Loader to create a .gpi file. When loading it I used the manual mode and checked the box "This file contains proximity alert points.", then entered a proximity distance in the "Alert whenever you get close to a point".

It works, but the alert tone is woefully lacking. It sounds like a weak, baby sparrow that chirps lightly. If there is any outside noise at all it is hard to hear. No way to control the tone volume or change tones like my 60Cx. It also gives a screen alert in a red box saying something like; "Alert-(name-of-custom poi)". I set mine for 200 feet and I think it chirped entering and leaving the zone.

Darn, I have screwed around with the thing until I'm sick of it, and I cannot get the alarms to work. However, I tried the alarm clock feature and your are right... the tones are woefully weak. My Rino530HCX works great on waypoint alarms, but not at all on POI alarms. But, the tones are very loud and clear!

I sure wish I could get the POI's to work, but I'm completely out of ideas.

Darn, I have screwed around with the thing until I'm sick of it, and I cannot get the alarms to work. However, I tried the alarm clock feature and your are right... the tones are woefully weak. My Rino530HCX works great on waypoint alarms, but not at all on POI alarms. But, the tones are very loud and clear!

I sure wish I could get the POI's to work, but I'm completely out of ideas.

I too note that the tones (400t) while routing are to weak. I wish there was some volume control (bearing in mind that I know louder tones will mean shorter battery life) and I wish they would use a straight beep beep beep rather then a sort of musical tone.

I'm feeling exhausted with the various problems and discussions. I wish we were making better progress with these problems.

With the shutdowns do they happen randomly as you are driving around or do they only happen when you connect/disconnect to the power adapter?

I saw this back in 2.51 occasionally and it seemed to me to be related to plug/unplugs.

GO$Rs

I just put 5200km of driving / caching in on my 400t over 14 days. Updated to 2.6 before departure.

Unit "crashed" on 12V disconnect maybe 4 times. Had to pull the batteries once due to lockup.

Running City Navigator 2009, GPS Quebec Ontario Topo, Ibycus Canada Topo and the built in Topo USA maps, depending on the area I was traveling in. Definite improvement over 2.51b.

With regard to proximity alarms, what firmware version are you running? These did not work in earlier versions of the firmware. I know the problem has been fixed, but I don't recall the lowest version which contains the fix.

I'm running the latest firmware 2.6. However, I never tried the proximity alarm features with version 2.4 and 2.51. I agree with the above post, in that I am also becoming weary with all the issues. I sent an email to Garmin regarding some of the issues, along with some issues about their website that has bad links and missing data. I received back the typical automated "thank you" message, but Garmin seems to have ignored my comments. As an owner of 9 different Garmin units, I had a lot of confidence in Garmin until I acquired the Colorado unit. The amount of issues is just unbelievable! :mad:

I'm running the latest firmware 2.6. However, I never tried the proximity alarm features with version 2.4 and 2.51.

The proximity alert was apparently fixed in 2.54b.

I've never done this myself. These two posts indicate success in making it work, but don't give details. I was unable to find details in a couple of different searches. Nor did I find it on the Colorado wiki. Perhpas g-o-cashers or DavidMac will chip in again.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3550767

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3542950

I'm running the latest firmware 2.6. However, I never tried the proximity alarm features with version 2.4 and 2.51.

The proximity alert was apparently fixed in 2.54b.

I've never done this myself. These two posts indicate success in making it work, but don't give details. I was unable to find details in a couple of different searches. Nor did I find it on the Colorado wiki. Perhpas g-o-cashers or DavidMac will chip in again.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3550767

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry3542950

Oh how I just love Garmin !!!! I have a 60CSX that used to work with waypoint alarms, but never tried POI alarms. Because my Colorado doesn't work at all, and because the Rino530HCX only works with waypoint alarms (POI alarms dont work), I decided to retest my 60CSX. Surprise... since I put in their latest update just a couple weeks ago, its alarms don't work anymore either. I'm afraid to try any of my other units because I will just become more annoyed. I suppose I can fall back one version on the 60CSX and see if that fixes it, but this gets tiring.

I've been reading all the messages for Colorado's version 2.51 and 2.60 and it is obvious that even though everyone is using the same software, they are getting different results! Could they have made changes to the hardware through its evolution without telling us? Aaaaarghh....

More importantly I did see a location drift error, about 100' for 15 minutes.

GO$Rs

I know it's a real stab in the dark, but did you ever exchange your unit? Always seems odd to me that some folks see this issue all the time and others never see it. Makes me wonder about some weird hardware issue like a bad antenna connection.

I keep wondering what I am missing as I have never seen it. I guess mine does not have the problem.