My local reviewers rock

I submitted my second cache hide last night and it is already published today. That rocks. It is much tougher than my first one and I hope people have a fun time looking for it. This is the one I had to change the location because I discovered that there was another cache within 50' of where I chose to put mune. It was hard finding a spot because it is a very specific type of cache. Here is the waypoint if you are interested, GC1E8T4. I would like comments of any kind to help me refine my listings so others can have more fun. Thanks to my reviewer(s).

Ditto the Thank You!

I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of Reviewers.

Threads like this are warranted from time to time to remind geocachers how fortunate we are to have these people volunteering their time to support us individually and our game collectively, thank you for posting it.

While I am sucking up :D let me add our Forum Moderators, some of whom are Reviewers as well, who give us their time to moderate this busy and sometimes rather contentious forum. We need to remember that this forum is not a geocacher's right, it is a gift from Groundspeak and takes a huge amount of numerous Moderators attention to remain civil, informative and fun.

I think that the selfless giving of one's time, money and care, with no expectation of renumeration, reward or even recognition, makes our Reviewers and Moderators incredibly valuable and rare individuals.

Our Reviewers come from all walks of life... some retired, some work full-time, some own businesses... men, women, even teenagers.

Backgrounds and personalities, even levels of education vary widely.

Every one has been good people... some became friends, others remained acquaintances, still others not so much!

The one thing that they all have in common is an uncommon love of this game and a far more uncommon willingness to serve US, who remain mostly strangers to them! Sure they serve Groundspeak, but they do that by working incredible hours helping us get our caches listed, traveling to events and doing the many behind-the-scenes and landowner relationship things that we cachers don't often see but which Reviewers regularly do to support our game.

I can tell you this, I do a lot of volunteer work, mostly community service and disaster-relief ham radio communications, where like our Reviewers radio operators are not allowed to be paid (per FCC regulation) and never once have I had to deal with the complaints, misbehavior and criticisms that our Volunteer Reviewers and Moderators deal with in this game and forum on a daily basis! Whether I like them or not, agree with their interpretation of the Guidelines or not, my hat is off to them for the fine job they do every single day.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Since you started it, I'll add that my reviewer (GPSFUN) also rocks! Big Time!

I've got 80+ hides as of now, and more than a couple have been odd-ball caches, that GPSFUN worked with me on to get them to a point where they can be published. I just hope he relaizes that there are more on the way!

Thanks GPSFUN!

Marko Ramius down in SoCal often publishes caches withing MINUTES, not hours, but MINUTES of being submitted. Also, when there's a problem with a cache submission, he'll actually help you to make things right with the cache instead of just deny publication. I can't imagine a better reviewer.

MrW.

Well, my local Reviewer can beat up your local Reviewer.

Well, my local Reviewer can beat up your local Reviewer.

Not around here, he can't. We've got mtn-man. He wrote the book on "reviewers rock".

I'd pay very good money to see my reviewer take on your reviewer in a cage match.

MrW.

Yea - Marko Ramius has nuclear-tipped warheads! (linky)

Double ditto on the thanks to reviewers and our local reviewer palmetto has been a pleasure to work with, she has a great sense of humor and as nice in person as she is online. She has helped with cache questions and hide issues in more ways then I could thank her for. I admire all reviewers for their dedication to put the time in that they do, and my hat tips to them for tolerating some of the &%&^*@& that some cachers toss their way while they still remaining civil and sane and keep doing it to advance the fun of the game.

I guess working with palmetto is what keeps me out of those "having problems with my reviewer" threads as I haven't seen that, but then again a civil and understanding request usually gets a civil and understanding response.

When is National Reviewer Appreciation Day???? :D

Since you started it, I'll add that my reviewer (GPSFUN) also rocks! Big Time!

I've got 80+ hides as of now, and more than a couple have been odd-ball caches, that GPSFUN worked with me on to get them to a point where they can be published. I just hope he relaizes that there are more on the way!

Thanks GPSFUN!

80 caches..... little over striation from what I could tell!

... and from my perspective here in the U.K., I'd like to add that we've always had wonderful service from all of our Reviewers - they have all been unfailingly helpful, polite and cheerful.

I'd also like to thank some of the other Reviewers who have been helping out over on our side of the Pond recently, particularly erik88l-r and mtn-man.

MrsB :rolleyes:

Edited by The Blorenges

80 caches..... little over striation from what I could tell!

Not all are currently active (about 50-60 are). And even little Rhode Island has a long way to go before there is over saturation.

When is National Reviewer Appreciation Day????

We should pick such a date. On that date everyone commit to hiding an ammo can under the courthouse steps, a nano in a National Park and a pipe with end caps under a railroad bridge near a chemical plant. :rolleyes:
You left out the ammo can at the gate entrance for the nulear power plant, the decon half way up the microwave broadcast tower, the black squirt gun container under the front steps at the police station, and the briefcase hide in the waiting room at the airport :rolleyes: