1 cache, 2 types?

ECM2

Hi folks

Currently I am working on a multi cache. Actually a motorcycle cache wit a start coordinate. 20 (easy) waypoints on paper discription, and an end cache that I would like to make "official".

Now this would mean to create a -multi cache- page.

But the finish line cache is also on a nice place where it could serve as a "traditional" (so without the multi cache descriptions).

Is it possible to create a single cache / hiding place, but give it two descriptions and cache numbers ??

I don't care much about the paper logs mixing, but it would be nice to have them both.

Thanks for your thoughts....

Hi folks

Currently I am working on a multi cache. Actually a motorcycle cache wit a start coordinate. 20 (easy) waypoints on paper discription, and an end cache that I would like to make "official".

Now this would mean to create a -multi cache- page.

But the finish line cache is also on a nice place where it could serve as a "traditional" (so without the multi cache descriptions).

Is it possible to create a single cache / hiding place, but give it two descriptions and cache numbers ??

I don't care much about the paper logs mixing, but it would be nice to have them both.

Thanks for your thoughts....

You can create a cache like that yourself by filing a Multi but also include the coords for the final stage as a waypoint in the listing. There are a couple of those around over here.

Yo mama! :D

Thanks for the welcome :D Nice to see you are here. Feel at home already.

I kept it simple enough. Only 185Km (and a full day trip)

@ Irosell :

If you file the coords of the final stage in that multi, then I guess people won't see it as a traditional in the listings. [thinking] But you could encrypt these coordinates.

But will people understand this and try to find just the cache without doing the motorcycle route? Or would it be a waste of time (and perhaps spoil the MC route)

Thoughts?

If you want it to be a traditional in the listings then list it was a traditional. In the body of the cache listing, explain your recommended way of reaching the cache by bike and then if people want to do it that way, they can, otherwise they reach the "final" by their own means...

...Is it possible to create a single cache / hiding place, but give it two descriptions and cache numbers ??...

Yes. However you have to list the cache on two different caching websites. You could then create two entirly different cache experiences with the one cache. One for each website.

One where people look for the cache, and one where they don't? :rolleyes: