WTB: Cheap, but good GPS

Hey, I am wanting to get started in Geocaching, but I do not have too much money to spend. I am in college spending all my money on books and classes. I am not really set on a particular brand/model (I do not know enough about them to hae a preference), just trying to find something under $100 to get me started until I find out I want to continue and get something better.

Thanks!

You can’t go wrong with a used eTrex. They have been proving themselves for years. Check back here daily for used models.

I have been using a Magellan eXplorist for the last while and found it to work very well. Being as Magellan has recently dropped “support” for all off these units you should be able to get a great deal on a used one. A few have been posted in the last few days.

See my 7/19 post about my Magellan GPS300. It works perfectly, but only has two-decimal precision, so when it says you're at ground zero you still need to look around for 20 feet or so in all directions. If you feel that's good enough to get you started, let me know what you can afford.

I have a Magellan Triton 200 GPS for sale. It is the base model in the Triton series. It is new. I opened it and loaded some Geocaches into it and decided that I'd like something with a little girth to it. Its just too small for my hand to operate one handed. It has a large color screen and is really easy to use. Comes with all the original items included in the box.

I would like to recover my $99 I spent on it. Or best offer I suppose.

Product Description

Amazingly easy to use, handheld GPS for precision outdoor navigation. Large, full-color display shows maps and data with crystal clear graphics. Rugged and waterproof.

Features

Special Features Waypoint Icons, Compass, Calender

Trip Computer Maximum speed, Odometer, Current speed, Time of sunrise/sunset, Track Log

Waterproof Standard IPX7 Waterproof Standard, Rubber Armored Impact Resistant Plastic

Battery Average Run Time 10 Hours

Map Features Internal

Details

Display Size 2.2 in.

Display Resolution 240 X 320

Interface Keypad

Antenna Type Built-in

PC Interface USB

WAAS Enabled WAAS enabled, EGNOS enabled

MPN Magellan Triton 200

I have an explorist 600 that I am looking to sell if you still need a gps.

Cindy(Justin's lil sis)

Hey, I am wanting to get started in Geocaching, but I do not have too much money to spend. I am in college spending all my money on books and classes. I am not really set on a particular brand/model (I do not know enough about them to hae a preference), just trying to find something under $100 to get me started until I find out I want to continue and get something better.

Thanks!