Garmin Colorado 400t 2GB Card

has anyone tried to load the entire US onto a 2 GB SD card? I have tried several times with two different Sandisk Cards. One a regular Sandisk and the other an Ultra. Got farther with the Ultra but still received errors. Just wondering if there is a trick to loading that much information. Also is there a way to load through a card reader and not through the GPS.

I have all City Navigator North America NT2009 plus about 2/3 of Topo US 2008 on a 4gb SDHC card. I’d have more but that’s reaching the approx. 4000 map segment limit. It took about 17 hours to generate and about 15 – 20 minutes to load through a 2.0 usb card reader. That was with a 3.2 GHz processor with 2 gb RAM computer.

Edited by Cacheoholic

I have all of NA NT loaded on a 2 GB Sandisk Ultra card. Follow the advice of those above and get yourself the card reader. Definitely faster and easier to handle the NT loading that way.

Is there anything special you have to do for Mapsource to see the card reader as a valid device for sending maps to?