Geocoin Rescue Mission - near Jacksonville, FL

ThePetersTrio

Hello Florida Cachers!

Our Kansas Sunflower geocoin was placed in a cache outside of Jacksonville on 5/21/08, after traveling from Oregon to Hawaii. It was one of the first coins we released and was doing so well but now it seems stuck. If anyone is nearby, can we impose on you to try and rescue it for us and get it moving again?

The cache is called 'Trash Can Man' GCRQFA

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :huh:

ThePetersTrio

Wishing you luck, I never thought about prompting on the forums for coins & TBs as I've had a few that have been stuck for a good while;

Like: 2007 USA Geocoin 3/29/2008 in Here Kitty..GCYNC2 Near Wilmington Delaware

and GeoDolphin#2 11/30/2007 in The Red Eye GCM1Y0 Albany NY

Or still in the hands of a cacher (I hope):

USA by Madhatters Neverland Geocoin 4/20/2008 in hands of megapay

and Owed to Jet Skiers 3/12/2008 in hands of doglvr (I know the attachment on this one and why so it's cool)

But it's all part of the game and the chance you take when you release them.

I truly think that if folks on the forums that are in the area and can help get them back on the move it would be a really cool method. Probably should be posted not only here but also in the Coins & TB forums... Just a thought.

It's a really cool thing when a coin/tb actually completes it's mission and then returns safe and sound to the owner. But so far it's near impossible to just get pictures...lol

Good Luck!

Edited by Flatouts
But it's all part of the game and the chance you take when you release them.

Oh most definitely...we've got lots out there and fully realize the risk we are taking when we release them. That being said, I'm just hoping someone out there could help us give our coin a nudge. :huh:

I truly think that if folks on the forums that are in the area and can help get them back on the move it would be a really cool method. Probably should be posted not only here but also in the Coins & TB forums... Just a thought.

It's a really cool thing when a coin/tb actually completes it's mission and then returns safe and sound to the owner. But so far it's near impossible to just get pictures...lol

Good Luck!

Actually I got the idea to post here from another thread in the TB section. I'm pretty active in the coin section and if I knew anyone there who lived near this cache, you can bet I'd be begging them for help too. :)