Another little Peeve is

a person that only signs "TFTC" when registering a find on the web. Now it would be nice to see a little more of a response to a hide. It takes a bit of effort and time and a little cash to hide one and something more would be nice.

I have caught myself doing about as bad but it is something that cashers should think about. Some, including myself, want to know that their efforts are appreciated. It is nice when the finder lets me know if the hide was a good one and well thought out or not. I have found 45 and have been told I have much to learn but if the old pros don't pass on their knowledge how are we to learn?

If my hide is in a lousy area or not hidden well I would like to know.

Now don't get the idea that I am all bent out of shape over this but as I was reading some of these posts I thought about it and though I would pass my thoughts on

a person that only signs "TFTC" when registering a find on the web. Now it would be nice to see a little more of a response to a hide.

I have caught myself doing about as bad but it is something that cashers should think about. Some, including myself, want to know that their efforts are appreciated.

The better the cache, the more wordy the logs seem to be. It's as simple as that.

TFTC means THANKS..... What more do you want? Might as well herd cats if you expect more on an ordinary hide..... :blink:

It's trial and error. When you DO own a cache that gets nice logs, tryyy to recreate that formula on your next cache...

a person that only signs "TFTC" when registering a find on the web. Now it would be nice to see a little more of a response to a hide. It takes a bit of effort and time and a little cash to hide one and something more would be nice.

I have caught myself doing about as bad but it is something that cashers should think about. Some, including myself, want to know that their efforts are appreciated. It is nice when the finder lets me know if the hide was a good one and well thought out or not. I have found 45 and have been told I have much to learn but if the old pros don't pass on their knowledge how are we to learn?

Now don't get the idea that I am all bent out of shape over this but as I was reading some of these posts I thought about it and though I would pass my thoughts on

Yup . . . I don't know how people remember the details of their caching adventures, or of individual caches, if all they log online is TFTC or TNLNSL. I have several caches along a remote, rural road that offers spectacular views. Recently someone logged TNLNSL on each of the uniquely-hidden and differently-cammoed caches. :blink:

Fortunately, someone else found those same caches recently and wrote more interesting logs that were much more rewarding to read. :(

I try to write longer logs. But I'm just not a good writer and not very wordy. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the cache. I do feel bad not writing longer logs, but the words don't come easily to me for some reason. My most recent find was the longest log I wrote, and I surprised myself with that one lol.

I do make effort to always write more than TFTC.

I try to write longer logs. But I'm just not a good writer and not very wordy. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the cache. I do feel bad not writing longer logs, but the words don't come easily to me for some reason. My most recent find was the longest log I wrote, and I surprised myself with that one lol.

I do make effort to always write more than TFTC.

If a cache sticks with you, you tend to write more about it.

If I find a lame cache, I just give it a quick note in the log and move on.

TFTC is considered by many to BE a statement about the cache. The shorter the log - the "lamer" the cache. Not always but as a general rule.

I don't know, I've been seeing tons more "TFTC" type logs on caches that generally get decent logs. Where is that lost art of logging thread? :blink:

TFTC is more about the cacher than the cache.

I used to write logs about every cache, some pretty long.

That was time consuming and, after hundreds of caches it was hard to find anything unique to say.

After finding thousands of caches I quit saying much but TFTC... fun, unique and interesting caches are still plentiful, but interesting things to say about them are harder to come up with!

That does not reflect on the cache in any way.

Remember that this forum is but a small sub-set of the geocaching community. Just because some say in here that TFTC is a statement on the cache does not make it so.

A small story or anecdote in the online log is nice to see

Much better than "NICE" which is what some cachers in our area post..

a person that only signs "TFTC" when registering a find on the web. Now it would be nice to see a little more of a response to a hide.

I have caught myself doing about as bad but it is something that cashers should think about. Some, including myself, want to know that their efforts are appreciated.

The better the cache, the more wordy the logs seem to be. It's as simple as that.

TFTC means THANKS..... What more do you want? Might as well herd cats if you expect more on an ordinary hide..... :huh:

It's trial and error. When you DO own a cache that gets nice logs, tryyy to recreate that formula on your next cache...

It seems you are ready to assume that when it happens it is the hiders fault. Why is that? Are you one that "Tffc's"? If you are I did not mean to insult you. It just suprises me, being new to the hobby and all, that some get rather defensive when they are only asked to do what seems to be right. If you are too busy to be bothered to put a little effort into the log, well you must be busy. It is sure a good thing that there are people that will go to the effort and time to hide a cashe or this would sure be a lousy hobby. The people that hide these things are the ones that make the hobby. Not the finders. All I ask for is a little deciency

Yup . . . I don't know how people remember the details of their caching adventures, or of individual caches, if all they log online is TFTC or TNLNSL. I have several caches along a remote, rural road that offers spectacular views. Recently someone logged TNLNSL on each of the uniquely-hidden and differently-cammoed caches. :huh:

Fortunately, someone else found those same caches recently and wrote more interesting logs that were much more rewarding to read. :)

Yes, all my cashes are in remote and scenic areas and I have gotten mostly good replies but there are some that just seem determined to be rude or lazy, I don't know which. I suggest it is both.

TFTC is considered by many to BE a statement about the cache. The shorter the log - the "lamer" the cache. Not always but as a general rule.

I don't know, I've been seeing tons more "TFTC" type logs on caches that generally get decent logs. Where is that lost art of logging thread? :)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=logging

Another funny thing is that I have emailed various people that have a great hide, thanking them for taking me to such a beautiful place and I have NEVER gotten an reply. I had not thought about it until I read your post but it is odd, if someone thanked me for a good hide I would reply. Maybe it is because I am going on 69 and politeness was taught when I was in school. It doesn't seem to be all that important any more I guess. :huh:

I have also had people log a reply to my cashes and occasionally I will sent them a message telling them that I am happy they enjoyed it. I have never gotten a reply from them either. I just quit doing it because I thought it might be the wrong thing to do.

It does not really hurt to be polite but some are too busy trying to find a hundred on a weekend I guess :huh:

TFTC is more about the cacher than the cache.

I used to write logs about every cache, some pretty long.

That was time consuming and, after hundreds of caches it was hard to find anything unique to say.

After finding thousands of caches I quit saying much but TFTC... fun, unique and interesting caches are still plentiful, but interesting things to say about them are harder to come up with!

That does not reflect on the cache in any way.

Remember that this forum is but a small sub-set of the geocaching community. Just because some say in here that TFTC is a statement on the cache does not make it so.

Oh I caught that right off. I have met quite a few cashers and there are few that would insinuate that a person that did not put out a cashe that was exciting to them means that it does not deserve a comment. I don't figure there are many out there thinking that way. Just a few.

I don't get many like that but it come to mind and I thought it might be interesting to see what the general feeling was.

A small story or anecdote in the online log is nice to see

Much better than "NICE" which is what some cachers in our area post..

I agree. There would be no hobby without those that hide the cashes.

Yes, all my cashes are in remote and scenic areas and I have gotten mostly good replies but there are some that just seem determined to be rude or lazy, I don't know which. I suggest it is both.

Rude or lazy? Quite an indictment. Perhaps you need to implement ALR. "Only people saying nice things about my cache may log it."? One does wonder about those cachers. But calling them rude or lazy seems a bit presumptuous. Different strokes for different folks. Reminds me of the find I had deleted 'Because you never have anything nice to say about our caches." (It was hidden behind the 'Handicapped Parking' sign nailed to the side of a restaurant. Nope. Couldn't think of anything nice to say about it.)

Hey! I'm happy if people find my caches!

I just don't worry about lame logs. I appreciate the good logs and don't let the lame ones bother me. There have been a few times when a log has told such a good story I have emailed the finder. I almost always receive a response, but then I try to write the email in a way that will elicit a response. "Thanks for the great log. Glad you enjoyed our cache. When you were searching did you happen to notice the (fill in whatever here) nearby?"

I think that one of the problems is the "power cachers" who find 20 or more caches in a day. When you find that many, you can not possible remember details of all of them.

I do get a little peeved when I notice that the same person finds a few of my caches and logs them all with the same exact note every time"

I think that one of the problems is the "power cachers" who find 20 or more caches in a day. When you find that many, you can not possible remember details of all of them.

I do get a little peeved when I notice that the same person finds a few of my caches and logs them all with the same exact note every time"

If you take pictures and make good notes, you can remember the details of each cache. :huh:

hey, don't blame powercachers. if i find 20 in a day, i write LOGS for them. i have only once made cut-and-paste logs, but i was logging caches late because i'd lost all memory of them due to brain damage.

but as far as i'm concerned, cut-and-pastes are the lowest of the low, one notch below TNLNSLTFTC.

sometimes i don't have anything interesting to say, but i'll string together a few words about the weather or the quality of light or something if need be.

if it's a quarter to eleven and the clams aren't feeling so well and have spoken to the choreographer, i might say just that. or if i don't think it's worth even that, my log will simply say "found it", or if i really want to make a statement, "."

the fewer characters, the louder i make my point.

why would i say "thanks for the cache" when what i really mean is "i don't see the point of this cache at all and it isn't really worth my time but by golly i'll take that smilie in return for the trouble i took to find out that your cache sucks."

If you take pictures and make good notes, you can remember the details of each cache. :)
I agree. Photos are the best way to remember if you find a bunch. I'll take a photo of the area and then a photo of my GPS with the cache name right after to help me remember. Digital photos are free... :huh: Edited by TrailGators
sometimes i don't have anything interesting to say, but i'll string together a few words about the weather or the quality of light or something if need be.

I do that too. Might have nothing to do with the cache, or I might just try to be funny.

In some strange way, I remember the caches, no matter how boring. I think hockeychik.com is amazed when I tell her the details of a cache at the end of a 20 or 30 cache run day. I do have trouble saying much about another film cannister in a strip mall parking lot. I did three micros along a historic street in SE Alabama last week though. Geocaching really still is about location. Find a good location for a micro and it will get good logs. Put one in a strip parking lot with nothing remarkable and I cannot see how you would expect anything but a log that is not remarkable. I still appreciate the find, so "thanks" is not meant as an insult.

I'm one of those who tries to log at least a paragraph. Usually when we're out caching, I've got the laptop with me and type something up in GSAK immediately after leaving the cache while we're heading to the next one, so remembering is no problem. On a couple occasions, I've jotted down notes in a small notepad that I keep in my geo-bag and logged them when I returned home that night.

To me, the logs are more of a diary that keeps track of my caching experience. What I write can vary greatly from things that might be of interest to the hider to just notes to myself on the weather or what I was thinking or car troubles we might have had. I approach it this way because I don't expect that many people are likely to review anything I write, but there's a good chance I'll re-read my "history" at some point. If it's a cache I enjoyed some aspect of I'll be sure to write that in the log. If I found it boring, there will probably be more about what was going on in my mind that day. If I know the hider, my log may be a direct message to them, especially if it was a good hunt.

As a noob seeker a few months back, I didn't really see the point of writing much in a log, other than to help people that came along later and were reading the "last 5." There's a bunch of micro PNGs in this area and, honestly, I had a hard time coming up with anything to say about them other than Thanks. And that TFTC was more of a polite thing, hence the beginning of my "diary." As I cached more I realized that I liked the challenge of hard to figure out/find/reach caches. I also found it much easier to write more involved logs if something was successful at engaging my interest.

Very recently, I hid my first cache which was a puzzle. It's been found 6 times. The first few logs were one or two liners mostly talking about what the cacher was thinking. The kind of thing that I sometimes write, expecting that the hider has no real interest in it. What surprised me was that I found I really enjoyed "going along" on their experience. Maybe having gone to the trouble to devise the puzzle, find a hiding place, driving back 3 separate times to average coords, assembling the swag, and hiding the cache, I feel I've got an investment in their hunt. One of the logs was a couple paragraphs, which really thrilled me. It was more like being with them and enjoying the fun.

All that being said, a couple weeks back my wife and I went on a road trip and decided to do some caching along the way. Basically we were going to collect counties for the all county challenge. In all honesty, our goal for the day was to hit those 10 counties - 1 cache per county. The caches were irrelevent, just getting those counties was important. A late start, some rough roads, rough weather, and a few other things combined to make tempers grow short. I was having a hard time finding anything positive to say in the logs and at that point I came very close to doing a cut'n'paste job. I'd actually written up a paragraph and saved to do just such a thing. Hunting so many, with a goal of finding a certain number, makes any given cache much less important, and harder to write anything about.

At some point I recognized that we were getting on one another's nerves and that we weren't having fun anymore. Reaching this goal was too much work - and that's not why we started caching. We backed off, talked, settled our nerves, and started enjoying the trip again - with a new outlook. I now know that if I can't write a log about a cache, I shouldn't be hunting that day. Chances are that my priorities are wrong and that I'm not having fun. We now realize that the important things to us are 1) Enjoying time spent with each other, 2) Having fun, and 3) enjoying the experience of each cache, whether it be a neat area, a good hide, or an LPC. Any other goal only comes after those three. Writing logs will be easy for me as long as we follow these priorities.

I realize that not everyone caches for the same reasons that we do. Those with different priorities will have different outlooks on logging. If I was more competitive and oriented toward completing an ACC or Delorme or somesuch, my attitude on logging would be vastly different. I proabably wouldn't write anything more than TFTC, since the cache itself would lose its individuality - it'd be just a step to a goal, and the logging would be little more than a necessary evil. Different people enjoy the same cache for different reasons.

Just like some people prefer lots of PNGs in one day, and others prefer to spend lots of time, money, and health on a 5/5, people have different ideas on what constitutes "acceptable" logging. Best chances of happiness come from seeking those who are like minded, and accept the others for who they are without letting them rile you.

Boy, am I long winded, or what?

A caution about sweeping generalities:

While it's true that some "power cachers" do use copy & paste to leave short, generic logs on many caches, there are also plenty who find two or three and leave abruptly short logs.

I average 8 cache finds every time I put the GPS in the car. I regularly find 20 or 40 in a day. Yet, I take notes on each find and I'm able to say something unique about each one. (The introduction and the "thank you" may be copied, but the meat of each log is custom-written.) My average log length is more than 100 words. I'm more proud of that statistic than I am of my find count, FTF count or many other "numbers."

It has as much to do with the logger as with the hider and the hide.

I like to write stories in my logs because I like to tell stories; also, like another person said, I use the Internet as a diary. I can literally look up things I've written about on many forums by using certain key words. I've challenged my students to find something I've written about. E.g. do a Google search for "Tom, Iowa" "Iridium Flare" "South Pole" and you'll locate an old post I made to a satellite observing group which lead to the theme for this geocache.

I do wish people would try to use spell-check and be more careful with their grammar. I myself use Firefox partly because of the automatic spell-check feature. Lord knows I NEED IT! I also reread my posts several times before I let them go.

-it

Edited by Iowa Tom

Rude or lazy? Quite an indictment. Perhaps you need to implement ALR. "Only people saying nice things about my cache may log it."? One does wonder about those cachers. But calling them rude or lazy seems a bit presumptuous. Different strokes for different folks. Reminds me of the find I had deleted 'Because you never have anything nice to say about our caches." (It was hidden behind the 'Handicapped Parking' sign nailed to the side of a restaurant. Nope. Couldn't think of anything nice to say about it.)

Hey! I'm happy if people find my caches!

I was posting MY opinion of these rude people, I was not speaking for you or anyone else. I consider them rude and lazy.

You are happy if people find my cashes, you say. That is good. You are happy. I am happy if people take the time to do more than TFTC. Is that ok with you?

I don't set my standards by what others think.

Unfortunately, the converse is not always necessarily true.

Cachers that tend to write "Nice Hide. TNLNSL. TFTC" will write short logs on lame caches as well as caches that might offer an interesting or scenic location, a nice hike, or an interesting and/or difficult hide. Create an interesting cache and you might see more interesting logs from cachers that will take the time to write a longer log, but it's doesn't often produce longer logs from those that don't.

There are quite a few people that will write "lame" logs for "lame" caches as well as caches which required a significant amount of thought, a container that might cost $10, instead of something free from a photo store, and is stocked with $20 worth of swag rather than just a log book.

That usually has little to do with the length of the log.

If I've found 35 in a day, I probably will write brief logs for most of the caches, unless one really stands out. I'll write more about that one.

If I've found three that day, each one will get more of a log treatment. Having to balance the time spent writing logs with child maintenance, working, arranging transport, my Scout troop, church, and whatever else is bearing down on me at the time, well, log writing will be near the bottom of the totem pole.

Sometimes getting longer logs is a function of the involvement that went into the cache construction.

This cache tends to get wordy, positive logs. It also took weeks to create, and it takes some time to find. It has been logged all of 13 times in almost two years.

In contrast, this cache has been found 36 times in just over a year, and it took ten minutes to set up. It has much shorter logs, though usually still happy logs, since it's in a kind of nifty location .

None of these are lampskirt caches in a shopping center paring lot. Those caches tend to receive short, obligatory comments as logs. There's only so much one can think of to say that's really, really positive about a parking lot lampskirt cache, UNLESS it has a twist to it. I've hidden one of those, as it gets nice logs, I think because it has a story that goes with it.

If your hides are lampskirts, do something to make them interesting. (I don't know anything about your hides, so this is just a general observation.) Add a story, or a short, easy bit of code based on something silly nearby.

Create a nice html page to go with the listing.

Add alliteration to the listing.

Add a simple ALR.

Make it a container that defies easy comprehension. (Listing it as a match safe, but failing to note the match safe is in an ammo box, for example.)

Anything to add an extra dimension can make even the most modest cache stand out.

No matter what, don't take any of it personal, or too seriously. It's easy to get overly serious about caching, so try to dodge that as much as possible.

Keep it up, enjoy the fun, and a keep it simple (at least for now :D ).

I was posting MY opinion of these rude people, I was not speaking for you or anyone else. I consider them rude and lazy.

You are happy if people find my cashes, you say. That is good. You are happy. I am happy if people take the time to do more than TFTC. Is that ok with you?

Whatever floats your boat! Go for it.

I'm saying that I don't find it rude, nor even lazy. My geocaching companion has logged "Found it.®" on 1300 caches. That's his style. It has become an inside joke in two states. Cache owners enjoy seeing his Found it.® on their caches.

My opinion is that you're expecting too much, which can only lead to disappointment. Be happy that someone has found your cache. Smile! :D

This may be an example of the "not always". The cache owner describes it as a 'park-and-sign'. This finder seems to have turned into a downright adventure. The names have been changed to protect the long-winded.

N 99° 99.999 W 099° 99.999

While XXXX and I tend to do most of our geocaching around Cape Cod in Massachusetts, we were in Orlando/Tampa for the National Cheerleading Competition and we're now visiting family in Pinellas Park/Seminole. We had some free time this afternoon so we decided to take advantage of the geomuggle-repelling weather and search for the two caches in Lake Seminole Park.

We got to the general area of the cache and were dismayed to see a car parked directly in line of the area we wanted to search. We pulled in, parked a few parking spaces down, then got out to sit at the nearby picnic table with hopes that our presence would silently encourage the others in

the parked car to leave. After fifteen minutes of waiting, we returned to the car to drive further into the park in search of an alternate cache.

Returning from successfully locating the alternate cache, we returned and found the other vehicle to have departed. We got out of the car and started searching the general area. I was walking around in a semi-circle with the GPS to gain a focused search area when XXXX called out that she had located the cache.

We were both very impressed by the cache container and though we've seen some creative caches in New England, this was the first that either of us have seen using this concept. Great work on the hide.

We signed the log using the back of the last page as others have started doing where the front pages of the log are all full.

Re-hid the cache container as found.

Commander McBragg would be proud.

nor spelling, apparently.

>I have also had people log a reply to my cashes and occasionally I will sent them a message telling them that I am happy they enjoyed it. I have never gotten a reply from them either. I just quit doing it because I thought it might be the wrong thing to do.

I've been caching for a month and am one of those verbose diarist loggers. I once got a "Glad you enjoyed it!" from the cache owner after I logged a find, which was nice to receive. I didn't reply to her reply because I'd already expressed gratitude in my log and we were on the slippery slope of:

"...the tree was gorgeous. Thanks so much for the hide!"

"Glad you enjoyed it!"

"Yes, thank you - again!"

"No, thank YOU!"

I may actually start re-thanking people...

As a cache owner, I am pleased if a cacher logs their find at all. This tells me that the cache is still in its location and in good condition. More logging sweetens the experience. Even a TFTC is appreciated. I do wish cachers would either log and email me if there is a problem or an observation about my cache or its location.

As a cache hunter, I do try to write more than TNTLSL or TFTC, but sometimes, I don't know what to say. If I'm on a caching holiday and I'm doing 40 or 50 caches, I will try to write notes for myself so I can write later about a particular cache. Sometimes, it's just hard to make notes if its just another lamp post cache or another magnetic on a guard rail. But all caches found are worth at least logging online.

Edited by Fuzzywhip

I like to babble. After I type up my log, I often have to edit it down to the 4000 character maximum, or split it into one "Found it" and one "Note". Sometimes I even have one find log, with two notes, simply because I typed so much.

An example: The find, The first note, The second note. This was on just one cache.

Sometimes I'll copy/paste my whole day's adventure onto every cache I attempted, but in these cases, each individual cache gets at least bit of my babbling. This log is an example, which covered 8 individual caches.

>I have also had people log a reply to my cashes and occasionally I will sent them a message telling them that I am happy they enjoyed it. I have never gotten a reply from them either. I just quit doing it because I thought it might be the wrong thing to do.

I've been caching for a month and am one of those verbose diarist loggers. I once got a "Glad you enjoyed it!" from the cache owner after I logged a find, which was nice to receive. I didn't reply to her reply because I'd already expressed gratitude in my log and we were on the slippery slope of:

I wonder how may other cache owners do this. I will frequent reply to especially complimentary logs via email thanking the person for their log. I also try to send a little note to new cachers that have found my caches welcoming them to the sport, especially if it indicates in their profile that they're from my area. I have a couple of caches that get a lot of first finds. One of them is the cache that I first found and subsequently adopted.

TFTC is simply a short way of saying 'Thanks For The Cache.

I refuse to call other cachers rude or lazy simply because they were thankful. I do, however, make judgements about people who call others rude or lazy.

Further, I refuse to get upset by tiny things that don't affect anything or anyone, such as when some other cacher logs 'TFTC'.

TFTC is simply a short way of saying 'Thanks For The Cache.

I refuse to call other cachers rude or lazy simply because they were thankful. I do, however, make judgements about people who call others rude or lazy.

Further, I refuse to get upset by tiny things that don't affect anything or anyone, such as when some other cacher logs 'TFTC'.

Good for you. I will try to pattern my life after you. I do not call cashers rude or lazy. I call rude lazy cashers rude and lazy. Most are fine.

You must be a wonderful person. :D

Good for you. I will try to pattern my life after you. I do not call cashers rude or lazy. I call rude lazy cashers rude and lazy. Most are fine.

Based on the general tone of his 15K+ posts here, sbell111 probably is just that, a "wonderful person". Thanks for picking up on that.

Since you are obviously very, very serious about this hobby, why not take a moment and learn how to spell it? "Cash" is a word used for currency. "Cache" is a word used for something that's hidden. Hence, the things we look for are called "caches", and the people who look for them are called "cachers". Honoring the difference in the two terms will help others not get the idea they've stumbled into a banking forum.

Hope this helps.

Based on the general tone of his 15K+ posts here, sbell111 probably is just that, a "wonderful person". Thanks for picking up on that.

Since you are obviously very, very serious about this hobby, why not take a moment and learn how to spell it? "Cash" is a word used for currency. "Cache" is a word used for something that's hidden. Hence, the things we look for are called "caches", and the people who look for them are called "cachers". Honoring the difference in the two terms will help others not get the idea they've stumbled into a banking forum.

Hope this helps.

The point sbell111 was making is that you're griping about a very tiny thing. A cacher is neither rude nor lazy for taking advantage of an accepted acronym. A cacher that can't be bothered to sign the log is lazy. Foul or impolite logs is being rude. There is a fundamental difference. If the logbook is in damp condition, writing something at all is going to be a chore. If there are muggles nearby, a fast TFTC is as good as any other log I've seen. If the place isn't all what it was cracked up to be by the finder, consider yourself lucky you got a TFTC.

Onto another pet peeve:

it doesn't matter if someone has 1 post or 20 thousand posts, we are free and able to post our opinions as long as 1) they are respectful and 2) they are not subject to sarcastic backhanded remarks like the one above.

One more pet peeve (as long as I'm on topic)

Generic topic titles. Your gripe about laziness is like the kettle calling the pot black.

Edited by TotemLake

Yup . . . I don't know how people remember the details of their caching adventures, or of individual caches, if all they log online is TFTC or TNLNSL. I have several caches along a remote, rural road that offers spectacular views. Recently someone logged TNLNSL on each of the uniquely-hidden and differently-cammoed caches. :D

Fortunately, someone else found those same caches recently and wrote more interesting logs that were much more rewarding to read. :D

With a digital camera of course!

Often times I'll write more in the paper log than I do online. Sometimes I'll take a picture of the paper log so I can duplicate it online. Generally the more interesting I find the cache or area to be the more elaborate my log entry will be.

In general with my logs, the longer the log the more memorable experience. But sometimes I feel like my logs are unfairly (to the CO) short. The truth is I'd rather be out in the woods finding all of your wonderful hides than sitting in front of a computer :D I rarely turn on my computer at home so most of my logging happens at work....and occasionally I get busy.. I've done some really wonderful caches that by the time I found time to log, I couldn't find words or remember details. I still have a few to log, but since I have pictures I want to post, and those are at home so I'm not sure when that's going to happen :)

Whatever floats your boat! Go for it.

I'm saying that I don't find it rude, nor even lazy. My geocaching companion has logged "Found it.®" on 1300 caches. That's his style. It has become an inside joke in two states. Cache owners enjoy seeing his Found it.® on their caches.

My opinion is that you're expecting too much, which can only lead to disappointment. Be happy that someone has found your cache. Smile! :D

I don't remember which cache it was but knowing that "Found it.®" is his trademark, I was incredibly flattered when he added added a few more words to a log on one of my hides :D But it is his trademark, and seeing only that in a log doesn't bother me at all :D

Edited by ThirstyMick

So which is it for you rude or lazy?

You have 58 posts, found 44 and hidden 11 caches and you still cannot spell cache correctly...

Just remember when you start pointing your finger there are three pointing back at you.

cache

caches

cacher / cachers

caching

What does CASHE stand for?

Computer-Aided Systems Human Engineering

Edited by OzzieSan

This concern is not new as I would guess you know by now based on responses to this topic and many others on the same subject.

I think far too much is being read into people's short comments and too many assumptions are being made about what type of person someone might be based on these short logs.

You absolutely can't know what a person is like unless you go spend a day geocaching with them.

Edited by Team Sagefox