TB not moving

Theotokos

I have a TB that was moved once and has now sat for almost a year in a cache. Is it appropriate to leave a note on the cache page to ask someone to check on the tag and maybe move it along? I've tried to contact the cache owner but haven't got any responses.

This was our first TB and the kids had high hopes for seeing this one 'transform' along the way. I would really like to get it going again - if it's even in the cache anymore.

I have a TB that was moved once and has now sat for almost a year in a cache. Is it appropriate to leave a note on the cache page to ask someone to check on the tag and maybe move it along? I've tried to contact the cache owner but haven't got any responses.

This was our first TB and the kids had high hopes for seeing this one 'transform' along the way. I would really like to get it going again - if it's even in the cache anymore.

Your TB is in a 3.5/3.5 Multi that has only been found 7 times since your TB was placed there. It might not hurt to post a note there asking that someone please move the TB.

You could also try posting a "TB rescue mission request" in the appropriate regional forum. Or you could go on a road trip to rescue it yourself since it appears to be ~150 miles from where you started it.

Good luck. :blink:

When a TB is placed in a cache that is rarely visited, or in tough terrain like that, sometimes it's best to email the cache owner and ask them to get it back for you when they do a maintenance run. Posting a note on the cache page can work too, at least to find out if your bug is still in the cache.

Thanks everyone for your help!!! I've emailed the cache owner again and will wait a few days to see if they respond this time. If not, I'll then post on the cache page and the regional forum.

It is so close and I do wish I could just go get it myself but unfortunately I can't for various reasons. I did kind of figure the TB would have a long stay (not this long though) when I saw it was dropped here.

I posted a rescue request in the regional forum as suggested and good news.. I just got a message that the cache owner retrieved the TB while doing maintenance. He had heard about it from someone and now it looks like we will be doing some traveling again. The kids will be very happy when I let them know in the morning.

Thanks so much for the advice.