It's Trackable, but should it be?

Hula Bum

I really wasn't sure if I was going to post this, as it may end up being free advertising for this coin.... But, I was quite surprised to see that this coin had tracking numbers on it.

I'm far from a prude, but do strongly believe that geocaching should be family friendly, so when I saw that Groundspeak had approved this design I was stunned. (Take a close look at the back especially)

Is this a case of approver not taking a close look at the design or is it really come down to anything goes as long as you are paying for those tracking numbers? And why would someone design, make and sell a coin like this knowing that it is supposed to be family friendly? Just to see if they could get away with it?

yhst2087346820313820105dc7.jpg

(Sorry in advance mods, I know this will probably stir up all kinds of trouble, but it IS trackable, so it's fair game!)

While I don't find it appropriate as do many others. Not everyone will see what is hidden in the coin design. The icon for this coin was supposed to be cherries but since has been changed possibly do to the complaints sent in to Groundspeak. Honestly, I won't be buying this coin not just because of the hidden meaning in the coin design, but also because the design is just plain ugly.

I'm far from a prude, but do strongly believe that geocaching should be family friendly, so when I saw that Groundspeak had approved this design I was stunned. (Take a close look at the back especially)

I have to agree with you here. I think it is degrading and I really hope NOT to find one in a cache. With the name changed and the icon changed it still doesn't change the design at all which is the heart of the matter.

I don't see anything different from this and the nude caching and even the side boob in your avatar Hula Bum. Family friendly? No, but this isn't the only one. Maybe this one should be non-trackable.

Seriously? Nudity is not the issue here, that's a personal choice and there are plenty of areas where public nudity is perfectly family friendly, but you don't go flaunting certain areas (as the coin has). I wouldn't even care about it if it was non trackable and personal, the issue for me is that it was approved by the Org. who says this is all supposed to be family friendly.

Could someone please PM me, what there is supposed to be? I tried to see something in there, but I am not getting it... :(

You are not alone! I have been staring at this thing since it posted and still nothing, and I have a good imagination. :blink:

I was waiting for someone to start this thread.......

Let me be the first to say that in no way shape or form does this coin or was it designed to depict anything sexual or inappropriate.

We made the mistake of trying to be a little funny with our choice of the name of the coin and the icon. When I named the coin and chose the icon I thought people would find it humorous not offensive or I would have never chose the name and icon.

I find it funny that people can even see anything sexual or inappropriate on the back side of this coin, it just goes to show you that if you mind is in the gutter than you will see what you want. This coin is offensive? We have coins with naked women on the back (which I love DF and bought some just making a point). I am sorry if you find this coin offensive it was never our intentions but if you are offended by this coin I think just about anything will offend you if you work it up enough in your head.

Groundspeak would not have approved this coin had they thought it was offensive that I can guarantee you.

Could someone please PM me, what there is supposed to be? I tried to see something in there, but I am not getting it... :blink:

There is nothing to get, you are looking at a coin that's it. But you will get a PM from someone that will say don't ya see look real close and you will see, wait think dirty, you will only see it if you think dirty otherwise you just see a coin and then we have nothing to complain about.

I do not see any Nudity. I must be blind or the words are leading your mind to a conclusion that is not in the application of what they are saying. I remember my first find. I have no hides. I remember alot of first's, first football championship first deer shot... etc etc... To conclude only one message apart from what it is specifically stating isn't prude as much as it is not logical. I keep looking at the design apart from being ugly it seems ok. But then this is my first post on this subject.

I was waiting for someone to start this thread.......

Let me be the first to say that in no way shape or form does this coin or was it designed to depict anything sexual or inappropriate.

We made the mistake of trying to be a little funny with our choice of the name of the coin and the icon. When I named the coin and chose the icon I thought people would find it humorous not offensive or I would have never chose the name and icon.

I find it funny that people can even see anything sexual or inappropriate on the back side of this coin, it just goes to show you that if you mind is in the gutter than you will see what you want. This coin is offensive? We have coins with naked women on the back (which I love DF and bought some just making a point). I am sorry if you find this coin offensive it was never our intentions but if you are offended by this coin I think just about anything will offend you if you work it up enough in your head.

Groundspeak would not have approved this coin had they thought it was offensive that I can guarantee you.

Please tell me then what a icon with a cherry has to do with this coin? I also think that when many people independently of each other had the same reaction that all of their minds were NOT in the gutter. Yes I am offended by this coin and I didn't work up anything in my head at all. I think you were trying to see how much you could get past Groundspeak. Nudity itself done in a tasteful manner isn't offensive. This is not tasteful it is degrading.

Could someone please PM me, what there is supposed to be? I tried to see something in there, but I am not getting it... :blink:

There is nothing to get, you are looking at a coin that's it. But you will get a PM from someone that will say don't ya see look real close and you will see, wait think dirty, you will only see it if you think dirty otherwise you just see a coin and then we have nothing to complain about.

You don't have to look close or think dirty. Once you see it you can not NOT see it.....

Not everyone will see what is hidden in the coin design.

THERE IS NOTHING HIDDEN, GROW UP!!!!

I'm sorry, but if you didn't want people to think there was something hidden in the design then you should not have put cherries as the icon and "first time geocoin" as the name. Don't you think that is a bit childish as well. Don't go telling me to grow up if you can't be grown up either.

agreed. and IF, mind you i am saying if, IF there is something intended there, why is it "dirty?" come on folks, give up the notions from our puritan ancestors that anything that might be sexual is dirty.

i am more worried about violence and war being offensive to delicate children's eyes that the human body.

RSG

Pm sent......

LadyBee4T I find that offensive if a person see's nothing but a coin why would you PM to possibly offend them?

You find it offensive that someone asks for help and I answered? Golly gee whiz I try to help and see where it gets me. SO SORRY I offended you.

This is stupid, I'm done! Enjoy your complaining LadyBee4T you are always first to jump on anything that could be wined about.

Funny thing is I gave the idea to the artist and they made the entire design on there own so I guess it was a team effort to make a naughty coin.... and it looks like we succeeded, next stop world domination!!

Sorry Jsam, I'm not buying it. What's with the title of the coin and the icon then? You got one past GS, what can I say?

I don't find it disgusting, just not appropriate for this venue.

A side note, I brought in a fresh set of eyes, who knows nothing about coins or caching and it took her about 10 seconds to read it and look at it before she "got it", and my Mother certainly does not have her head in the gutter!

This is stupid, I'm done! Enjoy your complaining LadyBee4T you are always first to jump on anything that could be wined about.

Funny thing is I gave the idea to the artist and they made the entire design on there own so I guess it was a team effort to make a naughty coin.... and it looks like we succeeded, next stop world domination!!

I've always found LadyBee4T to be the first to lend a helping hand, first lend an ear, first to be a friend to many.

The debate is about the coin, what some feel is appropriate and some don't. That is what a forum is for.

First to jump on something to be whined about? Where in the world did you get that impression? It must be that you only read the threads that have to do with your own coins. I do remember being asked in one of those threads for opinions of a coin. I gave it and then was flamed a bit for it. No matter Even if I didn't find this offensive I like many others here think it is an ugly coin and won't be buying it

Pm sent......

LadyBee4T I find that offensive if a person see's nothing but a coin why would you PM to possibly offend them?

I asked to be told what people are talking about. There is nothing she did than anwer my question and helping me out. :(

Being a woman and not feeling offended I would like to reply and say:

I'm sorry, but I guess it takes a dirty mind to see whatever it wants to see.

Regarding to it being family friendly, if your kids are young and raised to see this coin

as being nothing but a coin, what is the problem ?

If your kids see the things you see in it, then you have a different problem.....

:blink:

If you had someone else design the coin, is it possible that they put in a hidden image that you do not see. Granted, I had to look really hard to figure out what people were seeing. I think if you can see ainything hidden in this coin then you were looking really hard for it, and your mind may not be as "Family Friendly" as you want to think.

I don't see anything different from this and the nude caching and even the side boob in your avatar Hula Bum. Family friendly? No, but this isn't the only one. Maybe this one should be non-trackable.

Seriously? Nudity is not the issue here, that's a personal choice and there are plenty of areas where public nudity is perfectly family friendly, but you don't go flaunting certain areas (as the coin has). I wouldn't even care about it if it was non trackable and personal, the issue for me is that it was approved by the Org. who says this is all supposed to be family friendly.

agreed. and IF, mind you i am saying if, IF there is something intended there, why is it "dirty?" come on folks, give up the notions from our puritan ancestors that anything that might be sexual is dirty.

i am more worried about violence and war being offensive to delicate children's eyes that the human body.

RSG

As Hula Bum said above its not nudity per se that is the problems but the flauntling of a certain area of the female anatomy that is the problem. I also find interesting the placement of the Groundspeak logo.

Oh, for goodness sakes! You're seeing a vagina in the obverse side? And I suppose the little Yellow etrex is also supposed to represent tha phallus!! I swear you people will see anything in everything so long as it's sexual. Shame on you for being such pervs. Get your heads out of you pants!!

Personally I wasn't interested in buying the coins 'coz it just wasn't interesting but with the scandal mongering I may just decide to buy a few. :blink:

Oh, for goodness sakes! You're seeing a vagina in the obverse side? And I suppose the little Yellow etrex is also supposed to represent tha phallus!! I swear you people will see anything in everything so long as it's sexual. Shame on you for being such pervs. Get your heads out of you pants!!

Personally I wasn't interested in buying the coins 'coz it just wasn't interesting but with the scandal mongering I may just decide to buy a few. :blink:

I won't disagree with THAT. Is there any chance that this "Scandal" arose for just that reason??

Hey guys and gals, sorry if I said anything mean to anybody I quit smoking a few weeks ago and once I started reading this thread i got a little edgy.

So.... Broken W does not need to grow up, I have met them they are good folks and grew up a long time ago, sorry.

LadyBee4T.... Sorry but you always are the first to jump on the bandwagon and complain about my coins when ever you can you have done it every time. I should not be mad its your opinion and your right, I guess its kind of like a hobby for you and that's cool.

Post what you want about the coin see what you want if it offends you I am truly sorry as it was not my intentions. Our mistake was the name of the coin and the icon of the coin may have put a very small group of people into a frame of mind that assisted them in thinking what they think about the coin, we were only trying to be funny NOT offensive.

So with that said I am going to go take some Excedrin Tension Headache, thanks for all the orders and PMs you guys rock!

0067204150.jpg

Edited by Team Jsam

C'mon, it really has nothing to do with a dirty mind, which we may or may not have people, the coin says "you never forget your first" and the icon had been a cherry, it doesn't take a gutter or much imagination for that fact...

I've seen lot's of places where the terms "Cherry" and "Virgin" are used, but not in a way that is inappropriate for families...

Have you kicked all the "Virgin" olive oil from your cabinets?

Would you stomp out of the car show where a "Cherry" '57 Chevy was on display?

???????????????

Coming from a pervs point of view: I get the inneuendo and I see nothing wrong with it. However the only thing I see on the back that could in any way be seen as "dirty" it a far stretch of the mind. Then again I never saw the inital coin name or icon, so I guess my mind wasn't put in that place to begin with. But then as mentioned some people will just whine about anything.

I really wasn't sure if I was going to post this, as it may end up being free advertising for this coin.... But, I was quite surprised to see that this coin had tracking numbers on it.

Is this a case of approver not taking a close look at the design or is it really come down to anything goes as long as you are paying for those tracking numbers? And why would someone design, make and sell a coin like this knowing that it is supposed to be family friendly? Just to see if they could get away with it?

yhst2087346820313820105dc7.jpg

(Sorry in advance mods, I know this will probably stir up all kinds of trouble, but it IS trackable, so it's fair game!)

Where are the pics of the other versions? or do they detract from the theory?

Neither am I and if I have to have it explained it must not be that obvious.

Of course my brother wore a Hawaiin University T Shirt for about 4 years before I got it. "Kamana Wana Leigh - U" So i'm probably not the best to figure these things out. Especially if there is more than "The first" tie in.

Looks like it's the 'first' and 'cherry' icon that is the issue.

It's a non issue. It's like watching Loony Tunes. When you are old enough to "get it" then you do. Otherwise you don't. There are a lot of things in the world like that. Unless I missed something kids may think the icon is cute but when they are old enough to ask about first and cherry and tie it together, they are probably old enough to learn about it.

For some reason the phrase "You never forget your first St. Pauli Girl" keeps popping up. Must have been a joke about that...

Looks like it's the 'first' and 'cherry' icon that is the issue.

It's a non issue. It's like watching Loony Tunes. When you are old enough to "get it" then you do. Otherwise you don't. There are a lot of things in the world like that. Unless I missed something kids may think the icon is cute but when they are old enough to ask about first and cherry and tie it together, they are probably old enough to learn about it.

For some reason the phrase "You never forget your first St. Pauli Girl" keeps popping up. Must have been a joke about that...

Ok so maybe it wasn't your intent and maybe you didn't even pick up on the whole hidden object and completely missed the references which were pretty blantant to quite a few others. Regardless of all that, it is what it is and many people who haven't spoken to each other are all coming to the same conclusions. I seriously doubt that is some conspiracy.

Maybe taking a step back to listen to what people are saying would be a better avenue than coming in guns blazing in defense. I knew nothing of the coin, who was behind it or designed it or anything else before today. I now know who is behind the coin, and have nothing personal with you now or before, so I don't think the bandwagon or doesn't like me defense will work with my opinion. I still am unaware of who designed it, but maybe that is where the problem lies since you state you didn't see anything there. Maybe your artist is the one trying to slide this past GC. Maybe they tweaked your idea to their way of thinking and have some dumb vendetta with GC or something.

I don't think GC is to blame for passing this through approval since they probably aren't looking for these things, until now. I mean who in their right mind tried to pull this in a family environment?

Regardless of your views, sides, likes, or dislikes, there are way too many people seeing the same things to pretend it doesn't exist. I am sure GC will pretend it doesn't exist because they approved it and can't afford to admit there is something there. For the rest of us who don't have a stake in this coin, we can be objectionable and state what we all clearly see.

As Hula Bum said above its not nudity per se that is the problems but the flauntling of a certain area of the female anatomy that is the problem. I also find interesting the placement of the Groundspeak logo.

That is sooooo ridiculous. We hide things in openings, holes, orifices all the time and you're trying to say it's flaunting the female organ? To find things hidden in these holes, openings and orifices we have to poke inside them... is that now a dirty act???

Hey guys and gals, sorry if I said anything mean to anybody I quit smoking a few weeks ago and once I started reading this thread i got a little edgy.

LadyBee4T.... Sorry but you always are the first to jump on the bandwagon and complain about my coins when ever you can you have done it every time. I should not be mad its your opinion and your right, I guess its kind of like a hobby for you and that's cool.

I really think that you have me confused with someone esle here. The only coin of yours I have expressed an opinion of was the Wonderful Discoveries coin and that hardly qualifies as every time or a hobby. But I also have to say here that you said I wine. Really now I will say that I don't even like wine--red or white. :blink::(

back OT The designer you used is known for putting hidden images in her designs. She many times has bragged about it saying there is so much more to the design etc etc etc. I think that this is just one more of those.

Please, keep this on topic, My avatar is of a culture you know nothing about and is not at topic here.

There are a lot of people in here agreeing on something, and a lot of these people RARELY, if EVER agree, that in itself says something!

I saw the face of Jesus in a tortilla once. Maybe I should have kept the tortilla and started a church instead of eating it. People see what they want to see. Quit making a big deal about it. Hula Bum's picture and name alone are both sexual. Like I said, people see what they want to see. ALOHA HA HA HA HA

I showed it to my husband who isn't opposed to looking at female anatomy and he didn't see it.

I am a nurse and worked for a gynecologist for about 2 years after nursing school and I didn't see it at first either. Of course, now that I "see" it, I can't unsee it.

I did find the cherry icon part a bit juvenile, I must admit. But people have different tastes and levels of humor, so that's just me.

I do find this thread pretty interesting though...as I think perhaps the controversy has promoted the sale even more. And isn't that just the way the world turns these days... :blink: