What's in a name?

CapeDoc

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :(

Which is your favourite?

(This post was inspired by Tragically_unhip . It made me smile!)

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :blink:

I remember my favorite, saw the guys name in a paper log years ago: Profile

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :(

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :blink:

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :(

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :(

TheWhiteUrkel is pretty funny too. :D

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :(

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :D

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :D

Not only have I heard of the Tragically Hip . . . I went to one of their concerts when I was in college way back in the early 1990s when they swung through New Hampshire. In fact I have quite the story to tell about another fan at the show and a little bit of a communication mistake due to the volume of the band . . . I can't say too much about this incident due to the PG nature of this site, but let's just say, "Does the band make sense to you" sounded to me a lot like "I want to . . ." . . . well as I said a story to tell another time and place. :(:blink:

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :D

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :blink:

TheWhiteUrkel is pretty funny too. :(

Oh, stop it. I'm quite sick of it. I was going to change it to TWU, which is how I have signed most logbooks, but some guy with 0 finds who will probably never log in again took it just before I was going to do it!!

Doesn't anyone like the one I linked to? I think it's funny as heck.

FirefighterJake, I do not believe the Tragically Hip play outside of Canada, Buffalo or Detroit anymore, as they are an arena/stadium act (with the associated gear), and they'd have to play for 200 people in a bar anywhere else.

<snip>

Doesn't anyone like the one I linked to? I think it's funny as heck.

I do. That is very funny. :(

Locally, I like "map4navigation" and "Let's Look Over Thayer." Occasionally, I see funny cacher names in logs, but can't think of any of those right now . . . :blink:

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :huh:

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? ;)

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :)

Now that is/was a great caching name. LMAO. :huh:

Thanks for the laugh.

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. ;)

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :)

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. ;)

:huh::huh:

I met a cacher at Geowoodstock VI named "Nudecacher" ... he then informed me that he gets nude at each cache and takes a photo. Check out his profile if you don't believe me...

and it got him trouble at one cache that turned out to be visible from the local courthouse...

I won't say he's a local icon, but most of us know him up here.

I met a cacher at Geowoodstock VI named "Nudecacher" ... he then informed me that he gets nude at each cache and takes a photo. Check out his profile if you don't believe me...

Gary was a friend of mine before I met him at GW6. He has found several of my caches and posted pictures. His logs on my caches are among my favorites. :huh:

BTW- Not many people know he was separated a birth from his fraternal twin mtn-man.

Mtn-Man

6483ad79-32d1-4c24-aad7-7c7c648d1122.jpg

nudecacher!

e1afacc0-8ab8-4fff-a773-04e955f1d54f.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :)

Which is your favourite?

When I first started caching 9Key struck me as a pretty clever name.

I always thought Geek-Qualizer was a cool name and then he changed it...

I always thought Soylent Green was a cool name.

Honestly, some of the coolest names I've seen have been on myspace.

Some of my favorites:

Jesus Toast

Phillip the Abortion Stork

Gay Robot

Anna :huh:;):huh:;)

Stupid Spoiled Whore

Gallon of Milk

The Kodan Armada

Gort

Spartan-117

Elite Tom

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :)

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :huh:

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :huh:

Now that is/was a great caching name. LMAO. ;)

Thanks for the laugh.

He found one of my caches and I remember laughing when I received the log.

and it got him trouble at one cache that turned out to be visible from the local courthouse...

The first name I thought of was Nudecacher too! :D

I'd say he's earned quite a name for himself. Pretty funny.

The first name I thought of was Nudecacher too! :D

I'd say he's earned quite a name for himself. Pretty funny.

Can't think of any other names right now- but I know there are ones I've been impressed w/.

OMG! How does he get away with it? I wonder if he's ever been caught with so many pics taken?

OMG! How does he get away with it? I wonder if he's ever been caught with so many pics taken?

Once. Took a bit of time to get out of that hot water.

While reading forums an logs I am constantly impressed with the names cachers have thought up for themselves. :unsure:

Which is your favourite?

You mean anyone outside of Canada has heard of Tragically Hip? :drama:

He hasn't logged a cache in 5 years. He should give that name up; I'd take it. :ph34r:

S/He's not out of the game, though!

Just logged on yesterday!

Thanks for the great idea for my sock-puppet account!

Once. Took a bit of time to get out of that hot water.

It was back in 2005 and I posted all about it in the cache logs and in the forums at the time.

You can read all about it here, here, here, and here. :mad:

Nudecacher

I've never met him, but there is a guy here in Wisconsin on the Wisconsin Geocaching Association web site that goes by the name "Should've Bought Him the Tie". He got his name when he saw a TV commercial a few years ago where a woman bought her husband a new GPS unit and he couldn't put it down. At the end of the commercial, the wife sighs and says to herself "I should have bought him the tie." Very funny stuff.

I always liked "MissPlaced". The fact that she was a reviewer in PA made it the perfect name.

As for the Hershey Squirts, the local story I've heard is that they had no idea of the alternate meaning of their name when they chose it. I believe they had a couple young kids and they were from the Hershey, PA area so they called themselves the Hershey Squirts. Only after someone explained it to them were they clued into the other meaning of that name. At least that's what I've been told -- not directly by them though.