Moving to San Francisco

Adium

In about a week I will be driving across the country from New York to San Francisco. Caching along the way. I am doing this to try and work things out with my wife who decided she couldn't be away from her family anymore. I have been in the Army for the past five years so moved around a lot.

So despite my wishes, I am making the move. Which could possibly end me homeless in the area. (I don't get along with my in-laws). I don't have a job set for me when I get there and have limited finances. I am resilient and know enough to survive without standing on the corner asking for money.

I am curious if anyone can guide me to a good place to look for a job, preferably in computers and/or communications (a specialty I picked up in the Army). Also a cheap campground, or a place to park the car and have access to a shower.

I won't have much money..., but its this or loosing my wife. So spare me your lectures, its hard enough asking for help.