Cacher(s) in the lightning ridge area

smish25

Hi,

I have hidden a cache in the agitator you see as you come in to lightning ridge. I got home (wollongong) and realised the the co-ords are off about 50 or so metres. If you are planning to or regularly pass this area and are able to take some accurate co-ords for the cache please post here and i will contact you with a more detailed description of the cache and location. I would be very greatful for anyone that is able to do this as I am not planning to head up that way for a while.

Thanks

Smish25

So let me get this straight... you hid a cache and made a mistake in marking the coords.. it's in an area you are unwilling or unable to return to to fix the problem... and now you want someone else to clean up your mess.

Based solely on the 2nd point, that you are unwilling or unable to return to it, you should not have hidden the cache in the first place. :unsure:

Caches must be maintained, and if you can't do that, don't hide it.

Now how do we get those worms back in the can? :ph34r:

So let me get this straight... you hid a cache and made a mistake in marking the coords.. it's in an area you are unwilling or unable to return to to fix the problem... and now you want someone else to clean up your mess.

Based solely on the 2nd point, that you are unwilling or unable to return to it, you should not have hidden the cache in the first place. :unsure:

Caches must be maintained, and if you can't do that, don't hide it.

Now how do we get those worms back in the can? :ph34r:

Yes. Yes, indeedy! And... well, the only thing that I can add is that this thread should have been posted to the Australia regional section, and not to General Topics, and hopefully the mods will move the thread for the OP.

First, I will move your topic to the proper forum.

In addition, as the reviewer has noted on the unlisted cache page, if you cannot maintain the cache yourself, it probably will not be listed. You would have to be able to go to the location yourself to get the coordinates and you should be able to respond quickly if there are issues with your cache. It appears that neither is the case.

My best advice would be to retrieve the container next time you are in the area and move on and learn from the mistake of placing a cache that you are unable to maintain.