Charity Auction~Bicycles for Humanity :)

007BigD

Thats right...My coins I never expected to sell are up on the auction block!...Only this time its for a good cause! :unsure: All 3 coins...Moonraker, Thunderball and LE Nightvision are up for grabs, all in like numbers.

CHECK IT OUT! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=160261151285

All proceeds from the auction will benefit our local Bicycles for Humanity chapter http://www.bicycles-for-humanity.org/

A Little info about Bicycles for humanity can be found at their website and on the auction page...

I would also like to thank Mousekatat for her generous donation on my behalf during her recent cointest...it raised 100.00 with B4H as my choice of beneficiary. I will host as many auction as it takes to meet what she raised. New auctions will be listed Monday so keep your eyes peeled for somethin you may like!

Thanks for checkin it out!!!

Placed my bid - good luck with the auctions and hope you raise plenty for such an enterprising and worthwhile scheme.

Thanks Tooey!

Ya Know...I cannot find my listing by typing in "Geocoin".. all the way to the end of the geocoin pages and I dont see it!! Cant find it when I search for "007BigD" either!!! I wonder why??? This is my very first ebay listing and not sure if I did somethin wrong or WHAT??? :unsure:

Can anyone else find it by searching???

HOLEY SMOKES!!! Were at 50.00 already!!!

We will make B4H proud!...I have already contacted Dave Townsend of our local chapter about what I had in mind and about the funds raised by Mousekatat and he was very happy!

I learned about B4H recently after I participated in my first Mountain bike race last month...we wont discuss how i did :unsure: , but when the race spokesperson handed out the medals, he stated our local chapter has about 300 bikes ready to go and we're just waiting on a shipping container that will be turned into the Bike shop at the location of where they end up in Africa.

Thanks for the bids!!! and the help for this worthy cause!

Dang-it!!! Cannot get high enough to be high bidder! I'll have to try later in the week and make a suprise attack bid! :unsure:

Edit to say: I can only find your listing through your link! HMMMM?

I could not find it through a search either, but the listing has only been up a couple of hours, for some reason it can sometimes take a while for a listing to show up in a search, beats me as to why that is, probably some simple technical answers to do with spooling data to servers, but I still don't understand why these things take so long. It didn't show up when I listed Worldwide and sorted results by newest listed. Hopefully it will show up on a search some time soon.

It looks like you will easily reach Mousekatat's $100 donation, and probably surpass it! With a whole week to go..........Usually the bids don't get too hot and heavy til the last few minutes and you're already up to $83! Way to go! Great cause BigD! We wish you the best of luck with it. It's way above anything we could bid on it right now, but we'll be watching and cheering! :unsure:

WOW!!! You guys are nuts!!! This aint no Yime!!! :( Boy, if you knew the feeling I had before I left the Mamma in Laws last night when I checked! Just too cool!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Few more coins goin up on the auction block tonight!!! I think you'll like em! :blink:

I am truley floored at the response...cannot thank you enough! Next Race is the 19th and I hoped to have this wrapped up prior, but dont think I can attend this time around anyways...May make a special trip to meet Dave for the donation.

I will provide proof that all proceeds raised goes directly to B4H!

If you guys havent checked the site for B4H, please do so. Remember, whenever you see an older bike that needs a home if you have a B4H chapter in your area, they would be more than happy to take it and give it that good home. Here at our local race series, its a free ticket in the race!!! :D

Thanks again and More coins to come! :(

we don't have the cash for the auction either BUT I followed the B4H link on the auction page and found a Calgary Chapter. We all have bikes at our house and will need to get rid of them (along with everything else) before we move to Australia...this would be a great place to donate! Thanks BigD!

we don't have the cash for the auction either BUT I followed the B4H link on the auction page and found a Calgary Chapter. We all have bikes at our house and will need to get rid of them (along with everything else) before we move to Australia...this would be a great place to donate! Thanks BigD!

Thanks Gardengorilla!!! I am sure they will greatly appreciate a multi Bike donation, just as we appreciate a multicoin trade! :huh:

Let me know how that goes when you decide to donate em...I may have somethin layin around! :huh: Good luck on the move! Im doin it right now and im :)

Edited by 007BigD

Thanks again to all who bid or even wanted to bid! And another special thanks to anyone who may actually donate a bicycle!!!

I have listed a few more auctions tonight! They are great coins that go well forthe cause!

The Breath Of Life LE http://cgi.ebay.com/Breath-of-Life-Geocoin...1QQcmdZViewItem ~This was Castlemans project to raise well needed funds for our little friends Kaitlyn and Jerrod who both had Cystic Fibrosis and needed help with medical bills- he raised thousands for them although I cannot remember the exact dollar amount!...Castleman???

Biking for MS Canadian coin http://cgi.ebay.com/Biking-against-MS-Geoc...1QQcmdZViewItem This was the coin put out by Canadian Capitol Cachers for the Biking for MS run. This ones even related to the auction!

Both are great coins, please only bid if you truly desire these coins...I dont want this to be a Charity Case ... :huh:

Thanks again...really wish I could play a little more these days than just to pop in to throw my coin links up!!! Sorry bout that~Lifes doin its thing at the moment and I better take care of all that for now!

Happy Bidding and Bike donating aswell! OH, and if you dont have a B4H chapter in your hood...Ya better start one

Later, Dave

Edited by 007BigD

Thanks again to all who bid or even wanted to bid! And another special thanks to anyone who may actually donate a bicycle!!!

I have listed a few more auctions tonight! They are great coins that go well forthe cause!

The Breath Of Life LE http://cgi.ebay.com/Breath-of-Life-Geocoin...1QQcmdZViewItem ~This was Castlemans project to raise well needed funds for our little friends Kaitlyn and Jerrod who both had Cystic Fibrosis and needed help with medical bills- he raised thousands for them although I cannot remember the exact dollar amount!...Castleman???

Biking for MS Canadian coin http://cgi.ebay.com/Biking-against-MS-Geoc...1QQcmdZViewItem This was the coin put out by Canadian Capitol Cachers for the Biking for MS run. This ones even related to the auction!

Both are great coins, please only bid if you truly desire these coins...I dont want this to be a Charity Case ...

Thanks again...really wish I could play a little more these days than just to pop in to throw my coin links up!!! Sorry bout that~Lifes doin its thing at the moment and I better take care of all that for now!

Happy Bidding and Bike donating aswell! OH, and if you dont have a B4H chapter in your hood...Ya better start one

Later, Dave

I bid on both of these coins only to get a cancelation notice a few hours later :D

Must be something in the fine print of these newer auctions, becase ebay has let the other one go. Hopefully this can be straightened out and these coins can be relisted. I had never heard of this group before, but seems to be a great cause.

UPDATE...My auctions were reported and pulled! I am so sorry for this coinfusion!

I currently have the IRS "EIN" document for Non-profit and have been waiting for a letterheaded statement from B4H to add to the auctions...These were my first listings ever and was made aware that if my listings are reported to ebay they will be pulled (Thanks for the heads up Toojin)~well, it happened...just wish I could have added the necessary attachments prior to this happening.

I have called B4H to expedite this additional necessary statement and I THINK that is all I am waiting on!!! All I gotta figure now is how to add a PDF format document to the listing with the written B4H statement and we are back in action as per charity guidelines! :D I was so close! (Funny though, I asked for a Logo on the written statement and he sent me a Logo...guess thats half of it :D ) I didnt even see that the listings were pulled till 2:00, so I am sorry for the delay aswell!!!

Sucks though, as I am so busy packin up to move and spent so much time last night listing the auctions, Sweetpea WILL throw me in the doghouse if I am screwin off another night! Just so much to do and no timeto do it! :D ...I truly am sorry for all this and These Auctions WILL be back in action just as soon as I can make it happen!!!

Please Forgive me!!!...I will never waste your time again!!!~ Well, till next time I post I suppose! :D

Edited by 007BigD

Yep...Its no fun either I say!

I have all the appropriate info that Ebay is asking for, so I will list these for yet a 3rd time. This time all should be good and I should be able to list all the links and charity references I want! :D

In the Alert message they stated the problem was with the "Proceeds go to Bicycles for Humanity" along with the link and that was it, as far as I could see...Guess Not

I have yet to get a response from anyone at ebay as to where I can send this info to to allow these auctions to take place. I will list the auctions WITH the neccessary documentation as per ebay guidelines.

Here are the guidelines to hosting charity auctions not yet on "Ebay Giving works program" Just for future reference for anyone wanting to hold an auction for donation.

Guidelines for non-eBay Giving Works nonprofit listings

Sellers may only list items for charity without eBay Giving Works if they:

Are soliciting on behalf of recognized tax-deductible charitable organizations (for example, 501©(3) status or equivalent with the IRS).

Receive advance written consent for the solicitation from the benefiting nonprofit.

To verify you received permission, you must include a scanned copy of the consent in your listing. It must appear with the nonprofit’s letterhead, signed by an officer and include the nonprofit’s tax-deductibility status as well as your name or eBay user ID, dates of event/listings, and donation amount (percentage of the final sale price). It must be large enough to be easily legible, and it must appear as a picture rather than a link.

When the auctions re-list I will post here and change the title of this thread as My coins wont be the only ones listed there anymore.

I hope I can avoid making a fool of myself for yet a 3rd time and if I do, well...I guess we'll do it all again till its right...Just way more trouble to donate funds via ebay than I ever expected...But I understand why :D

So thanks again for your participation, patience and efforts in making these auctions successfull for the worthy cause.

Dave

<_<:):) WHEW, Kay, Now I think we're on track!!! 3rd Times a charm!!!...Actually this was all just my ploy for advertisment for the auctions :rolleyes:

Got everything straightened out, but if for some reason, its not~Im sure we'll know! :rolleyes:

Alrighty now Here are my new Auctions that just went up AGAIN tonight!

Biking for MS~ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=006

Breath of Life~ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=006

My 3 peice set~Its at 150.00!!!...Are you guys crazy or am I???~ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=006 :D:D:D

I talked to Dave Townsend of B4H today, he was very happy and I think maybe a little confused at how and why such a thing could fetch such an ammount! :rolleyes: I explained briefly, but most importantly we got some great donations for the cause comin in through this one!~THANK YOU ALL!!!

And THANK YOU TOOJIN for making a donation!!! That is so sweet of you!!! Totally unexpected!!!

Donate a Bike, Start a Chapter...This Charity needs help for such a great cause!~ Thanks again!!!

Edited by 007BigD

WOW My 1st auction brought in over 160.00!!!!...That is amazing!!!

I didnt ever expect them to fetch such a price for my 3 peice set, but as said, all funds raised from these auctions will go directly to Bicycles for Humanity :unsure:

Theres still 3 auctions running...lets see what they will bring in!

THANK YOU to all who placed a bid...All funds raised will be donated on behalf of the GEOCOIN COMMUNITY!!! :laughing: After all, I just posted a few coins...The funds are comin from the rest of us!!!

So as of now, we are up to 260.00 in funds from Mousekatat's cointest auction and my first listing!!! WOW...Thanks again so much. The current auctions can be linked to in post #25.

WOW My 1st auction brought in over 160.00!!!!...That is amazing!!!

I didnt ever expect them to fetch such a price for my 3 peice set, but as said, all funds raised from these auctions will go directly to Bicycles for Humanity :laughing:

Theres still 3 auctions running...lets see what they will bring in!

THANK YOU to all who placed a bid...All funds raised will be donated on behalf of the GEOCOIN COMMUNITY!!! :laughing: After all, I just posted a few coins...The funds are comin from the rest of us!!!

So as of now, we are up to 260.00 in funds from Mousekatat's cointest auction and my first listing!!! WOW...Thanks again so much. The current auctions can be linked to in post #25.

Don't forget the $.01 that made the winning bid in the very first auction. Remember the total was $100.01 !!

I would just like to thank everyone that helped bid on my auctions and again to that crazy lil Mousey girl! Together we helped raise over 320.00 for B4H.

I wanted to get with ya'll sooner, but ya know how that goes! Sorry forthe delay!!!

Heres a pic of the Money order I sent to Dave at B4H...he was so stoked and has a LE print for me next time we meet!

76b99fc5-e904-43da-ae22-cbd5fc74d1b2.jpg

Thanks again to all of you...we made a difference here! :)

Till Next Time~

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!