YOUTUBE include possibility

klimas

Hi, I have prepared video teaser for my cache Glass Heart Bastille. I am planing to publish it on youtube or similar video share server. Is it possible to publish the code in the html description of the cache to be able to play it directly from the cache page? What do I have to do to make it work? Kind regards Klimas :unsure:

Hi, I have prepared video teaser for my cache Glass Heart Bastille. I am planing to publish it on youtube or similar video share server. Is it possible to publish the code in the html description of the cache to be able to play it directly from the cache page? What do I have to do to make it work? Kind regards Klimas :unsure:

You can put the HTML link to the video in the description, but can't embed the video.

Edited by Wacka

There are several listing guidelines potentially applicable to such a cache:

1. The requirement that information needed to find the cache be available from the cache page.

2. Corollary to #1, the limitation on software or file downloads in order to find a cache.

3. The requirement that GPS use be an "integral part" of the cache hunt (finding a parking lot doesn't count).

4. The commercial cache guideline, as applied to the website where the video is hosted.

1. The requirement that information needed to find the cache be available from the cache page.

2. Corollary to #1, the limitation on software or file downloads in order to find a cache.

3. The requirement that GPS use be an "integral part" of the cache hunt (finding a parking lot doesn't count).

4. The commercial cache guideline, as applied to the website where the video is hosted.

This cache indeed violates #3. Maybe the owner should have included an intermediary waypoint that needs a GPS.

...4. The commercial cache guideline, as applied to the website where the video is hosted.

If I understand this right.

Linking to GC.com for the clue to the puzzle cache would be against the commercial guidelines while linking to Navicache would be ok becaus they are non commercial?

This gets so confusing. :laughing:

Seriously.

If you embade the video inside a personal non commercial home page so the page itself is ok, would the video be ok?

Edited by Renegade Knight

Correct. A lot of government and school servers block junk sites like MySpace and YouTube. I cannot view any YouTube content from the office, and my dialup at home makes it impossible to download videos.

Correct. A lot of government and school servers block junk sites like MySpace and YouTube. I cannot view any YouTube content from the office, and my dialup at home makes it impossible to download videos.

To further that thought... I can't access any Geocaching.com stuff at work apart from the main home page antidisregardless. So do it at home or a cyber cafe where you get what you pay for as opposed to work where they should get what they pay you for. :D ..... :D

OMG! You can never see YouTube!! Actually, you could imbed a video on a cache page a couple of years ago, but those days are gone forever.