Help activating a TB

mrspopo

I've never owned a TB before, but have moved plenty along their way. Last year we went to an event and I received a new TB tag as a door prize. It sat and sat. Then a few days ago we visited someone's cache and came inside to see their coins. They were as sweet as can be and even gave us a new TB tag. Well with two of them we can't just let them sit in our house.

We picked just the right item, and got ready to activate it. But turns out they need an activation code :huh: bummer. The TB tag came in a small plastic baggy, but I don't remember it having anything on it. Didn't seem important so it got thrown out right away in a public garbage that has long since been emptied. The one from last year is somewhere around here but needs to be found (hmm seems like a geocacher should be able to find such a thing). I don't think it's in it's plastic bag either. If it came in a bag I don't remember it having anything important on it.

What to do with gift given TB tags with no activation codes?

Why such tight security? If you have the tag then it's yours. I can't figure if there's a problem with people activating other's TBs or what.

I emailed the contact email, so I guess I'll just wait. Just seems silly to have to enter an activation code when I already have the travel bug tag... isn't that proof enough that it's mine?

I emailed the contact email, so I guess I'll just wait. Just seems silly to have to enter an activation code when I already have the travel bug tag... isn't that proof enough that it's mine?

It's a security measure to help keep people from stealing and activating your number for themselves.

I think it would be easier to skip that part of it,

I understand, especially if you have to go through the process of retrieving a lost code.

However, making it too easy would open a door of problems for people who had their tracking numbers activated by a cache maggot.