Micros are the only REAL Geocaches!

lrosell

In response to http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=198484

It is sad to read so much hate targeted against micros when a true geocacher know that it is micros and nanos that are the real geocaches. I mean really. ANYONE can find a stupid ammo box in the woods, especially since 98.42% of them are usually hidden under a very unnatural stack of wood. Unless they are hidden under an even more unnatural pile of rocks. Even my half blind 81 year old mother can find these silly things.

The real challenge is to with stealth, planning and courage retrieve a nano hidden in a fire hydrant outside any give Starbucks without the present muggles even realizing what just happened.

Or even better, to retrieve a cache located under the armpit of a fishing muggle, without him ever realizing what what took place.

That my friends, is a real cache. And of course, a Real Cacher!

Ammo boxes, Tupperware and pretzel jars in the woods – Bah humbug, I scoff in your general direction!

Edited by lrosell

OOO, OOO, I'll play along!

What is so all fired interesting in another coffee shop parking lot? I'd much rather hike into the woods and get run over by some whitetail in a hurry than an over caffeinated soccer mom. Not to mention it takes no effort to hide a micro that is hard to find. Just toss one of those fake rock key hides out in a pile of rocks. Easy as pie. Try making an ammo can blend in. That is art.

How's that? Need more vitriolic language? I hope it'll do.

No, that's not an agst-filled troll of a post, nah, uh uh. I am sure he didn't mean to spark any controversy! :rolleyes:

Naw, it's a real account, with over 300 caches found and 15 hidden in the last 7 months. Why they would find amusement in trolling this forum, I can't tell you though. ;)

When your parking lot micro can provide this kind of view, your scoff will have more merit and value.

I will grant there are some clever micros and even some micros worth the challenge. But let's be honest here... Generally speaking, most micros don't require a lot of sweat to carry with discretion, nor true genius juices to hide.

1931275_1800.jpg

690af128-89a5-432a-8544-e42ec78d8183.jpg

No, that's not an agst-filled troll of a post, nah, uh uh. I am sure he didn't mean to spark any controversy! ;)

Naw, it's a real account, with over 300 caches found and 15 hidden in the last 7 months. Why they would find amusement in trolling this forum, I can't tell you though. :rolleyes:

Well, first, yes, lrosell is indeed a real account, and Lars is a very avid cacher, and I strongly suspect, based upon his past forum posts and also upon some recent and very funny phone conversations with Lars, that he wrote his post rather tongue-in-cheek, that is, that he started this thread in a very light-hearted manner; he is certainly not a troller! And, while he may indeed like to hunt 1/1 micros as well, the reality is that Lars also goes after some very tough caches; he and a few buddies have recently scored finds on a number of our toughest Psycho Urban caches, including the following very infamous members of the series: PUC #3, PUC #8, PUC #9 and PUC #10. To tackle ANY of them, much less ALL of them, takes a very serious and dedicated cacher, and I can testify first-hand that Lars also has a wicked sense of humor!

Incidentally, Lars lives in western PA, just a few miles from Indiana, PA, where I attended graduate school for six years back in the late eighties and early nineties. I can testify first-hand that the water in that area contains some strange trace elements that tend to impart to those who ingest it a very weird sense of humor! We have enjoyed visits to our remote mountain home by a number of cachers from that part of western PA over the past few years, and I can tell you first-hand that while they are all great people, they all have a very wacky sense of humor.

Late postscript: I should also point out that Lars comes from the exact same area of western PA that also spawned QuestMaster (I may not have spelled his account name exactly right...), the guy who proposed holding bonfire events for the express purpose of incinerating large masses of harvested microcaches! Its the water in that area, I tell you!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
a true geocacher know that it is micros and nanos that are the real geocaches.

Bravo! Heck, any schmoo can hide an ammo can! All you gotta do is find an inspired location and let 'er go. Hiding a film can, on the other hand, takes a heck of a lot of thought. I've known several cache hiders who found themselves in brain lock, 'cuz they couldn't decide which Wally World lamp post kilt to raise. It's tough, I tell ya! Not to mention the fact that we are running out of spots for them. Gaia knows this lil' blue marble we share is fraught with waterfalls, scenic vistas, natural springs, et. al., but we are mighty low on overpriced coffee shops. There have been cases documented where folks have had to actually drive more than a mile just to find a Starbucks for their next hide.

Bless you, lrosell, for bringing this issue to the forefront, where it belongs.

Edited by Clan Riffster
When your parking lot micro can provide this kind of view, your scoff will have more merit and value.

When you can convince me that a marvelous view is the only proper way to enjoy this hobby – and that my enjoyment at all those urban micros I have found has been both imaginary and incorrect – then your anti-scoff will have more merit and value.

:rolleyes:

No, that's not an agst-filled troll of a post, nah, uh uh. I am sure he didn't mean to spark any controversy! ;)

Naw, it's a real account, with over 300 caches found and 15 hidden in the last 7 months. Why they would find amusement in trolling this forum, I can't tell you though. :rolleyes:

Let me see if I’ve got this right:

In all those repetitive anti-micro and anti-lameness threads where you jump in and high-five the Original Poster and add your own insults, you are all “merely expressing your opinion,” but when someone starts a thread with an opposing point of view, one you don’t happen to share, they’re a “troll.”

Got it. Thanks.

The real challenge is to with stealth, planning and courage retrieve a nano hidden in a fire hydrant outside any give Starbucks without the present muggles even realizing what just happened.

!

****VOICE OF APE COMMANDER IN "PLANET OF THE APES"******

"The only GOOD micro.........is a MUGGLED micro!!"

*****Thousands of Ape Minions cheering loudly!*****

:rolleyes:;);)

Bravo! Heck, any schmoo can hide an ammo can! All you gotta do is find an inspired location and let 'er go. Hiding a film can, on the other hand, takes a heck of a lot of thought. I've known several cache hiders who found themselves in brain lock, 'cuz they couldn't decide which Wally World lamp post kilt to raise. It's tough, I tell ya! Not to mention the fact that we are running out of spots for them. Gaia knows this lil' blue marble we share is fraught with waterfalls, scenic vistas, natural springs, et. al., but we are mighty low on overpriced coffee shops. There have been cases documented where folks have had to actually drive more than a mile just to find a Starbucks for their next hide.

Bless you, lrosell, for bringing this issue to the forefront, where it belongs.

LOL! LOL! LOL! Now that right there.......that's funny!!!! ;);):rolleyes:

No, that's not an agst-filled troll of a post, nah, uh uh. I am sure he didn't mean to spark any controversy! :D

Naw, it's a real account, with over 300 caches found and 15 hidden in the last 7 months. Why they would find amusement in trolling this forum, I can't tell you though. ;)

In all those repetitive anti-micro and anti-lameness threads where you jump in and high-five the Original Poster and add your own insults, you are all “merely expressing your opinion,” but when someone starts a thread with an opposing point of view, one you don’t happen to share, they’re a “troll.”

Got it. Thanks.

This comes off as a classic, and I do mean classic internet forum troll post. Forget that it's even about geocaching, pretend this forum is about widgets or something. :rolleyes: Reading it closer, I can see where it could possibly be sarcastic humor, but it just didn't come off like that to me. Then of course after I posted this, I read Vinny's post. :D

I mean c'mon, the first respondent was a SDOEL, and he called an agst(sic)-filled troll of a post. ;)

I see your point though, I'll be sure to let you know if I ever see any of the anti-micro/anti-lameness threads that are blatant trolling attempts.

And a further edit, after seeing Vinny's post; This is still a troll post. Troll posts don't necessarily have to be done with angst-filled hatred, and a true demonic desire to disrupt an internet forum. They can be done in a good natured manner as well. As I'm sure now this was.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Bravo! Heck, any schmoo can hide an ammo can! All you gotta do is find an inspired location and let 'er go. Hiding a film can, on the other hand, takes a heck of a lot of thought.

Any schmoo can hide an ammo can.

Any schmoo can hide a micro container.

Any schmoo can hide a geocache container of ANY size or description for that matter, and can probably get it approved for listing here.

This hobby is powered by the efforts of volunteer amateurs. It is open to everyone.

It is open to all interested parties, whether they pass the adequately-entertains-Clan-Riffster’s-minimum-entertainment-demands test, or not.

Most of us understand and accept that fact intuitively upon first learning how the hobby works. Most of us understand and accept the fact that not every cache hide effort will be memorably awesome.

That being the case, then, let me ask you a question. Who should be more ashamed (or pitied): the guy who plants a few less-than-boffo hides ... or the guy who chronically and sarcastically gripes in the forums about not being satisfactorily entertained by every cache he seeks in this amateur-only hobby?

If you truly believe your own personal preference makes you superior to those who enjoy those caches you despise, then one would think you should be able to enjoy that sense of superiority in silence – there should be no need to continually re-convince yourself of that superiority by constantly reminding the rest of us.

In response to http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=198484

It is sad to read so much hate targeted against micros when a true geocacher know that it is micros and nanos that are the real geocaches. I mean really. ANYONE can find a stupid ammo box in the woods, especially since 98.42% of them are usually hidden under a very unnatural stack of wood. Unless they are hidden under an even more unnatural pile of rocks. Even my half blind 81 year old mother can find these silly things.

Or even better, to retrieve a cache located under the armpit of a fishing muggle, without him ever realizing what what took place.

That my friends, is a real cache. And of course, a Real Cacher!

Ammo boxes, Tupperware and pretzel jars in the woods – Bah humbug, I scoff in your general direction!

I love to feed trolls!

If you hide caches in full view of the general public, then add a couple stars for difficulty "due to muggles," then you should expect your cache to turn up missing. Of all the times I ever found caches like that, I chose to skip acting like a wannabe spy, and made the find "in plain view." None of my finds ever caused this type of cache to disappear.

If you derive pleasure from:

Visiting 20 acres of asphalt, to find the right lamppost cover.

Fondling green power transformers looking for a magnetic strip, all the while enoying the electricity hum.

Looking for micros in alleys filled with homeless people, and their excrement.

If you enjoy causing confrontations between private property owners, and cache finders due to your ill chosen micro location.

You have lower standards of what constitutes entertainment than I do.

Edited by Kit Fox

No, that's not an agst-filled troll of a post, nah, uh uh. I am sure he didn't mean to spark any controversy! :D

Got it. Thanks.

This comes off as a classic, and I do mean classic internet forum troll post. Forget that it's even about geocaching, pretend this forum is about widgets or something. :rolleyes: Reading it closer, I can see where it could possibly be sarcastic humor, but it just didn't come off like that to me. Then of course after I posted this, I read Vinny's post. :D

I mean c'mon, the first respondent was a SDOEL, and he called an agst(sic)-filled troll of a post. ;)

I see your point though, I'll be sure to let you know if I ever see any of the anti-micro/anti-lameness threads that are blatant trolling attempts.

And a further edit, after seeing Vinny's post; This is still a troll post. Troll posts don't necessarily have to be done with angst-filled hatred, and a true demonic desire to disrupt an internet forum. They can be done in a good natured manner as well. As I'm sure now this was.

Exactly! My sense as well! It was a very funny post, and it was certainly not a malicious troll post, and the truth of the matter is that Lars does indeed find a great many urban micros!

*SOCK!, THUD!, THUMP!, BIFF!*

I guess I deserved that! I know, I know. And we all know, that there are no bad cache types, just quite a few badly placed containers here and there. But that is the box of chocolate of the game; you never really know what you're gonna get!

As we are getting ready to go out today I scrooled through the GPX files Mrs. R prepared and it seems to be a fairly nice mix of cache types. Including a downtown not-micro cache by our dear reviewer no less (this bugger has bugged me a while since I filed a DNF on it some months ago...)

I'm can't wait to see what the tide brings in; I love them all, nanos, micros, small, regular or shipping containers. We just love Geocaching!

Gone Caching!

*SOCK!, THUD!, THUMP!, BIFF!*

I guess I deserved that! I know, I know. And we all know, that there are no bad cache types, just quite a few badly placed containers here and there. But that is the box of chocolate of the game; you never really know what you're gonna get!

As we are getting ready to go out today I scrooled through the GPX files Mrs. R prepared and it seems to be a fairly nice mix of cache types. Including a downtown not-micro cache by our dear reviewer no less (this bugger has bugged me a while since I filed a DNF on it some months ago...)

I'm can't wait to see what the tide brings in; I love them all, nanos, micros, small, regular or shipping containers. We just love Geocaching!

Gone Caching!

*BIFF* was always my favorite, but you forgot *POW*. And you are supposed to say *OOF*.

Me, I guess I slice open the chocolates first.

I just love geocaching too (the way it used to be). I didn't really say that out loud, did I?

I'm going caching shortly too. Have fun!!!

Y'know, it does raise an interesting question.

If the vast majority of geocaches in the world are now micros then shouldn't they be called "Regular caches" and regular caches be called something else?

I vote for "Super Happy Fun Caches" as the new nomenclature for previously regular caches.

If I remember correctly the, "Super Happy Fun..." concept...

Wouldn't that mean we'd all have to then cache in groups so that we could toss the cache to one another until it would presumably open or in some other way indicate which member of the group was supposed to open it?

:huh:

Bravo! Heck, any schmoo can hide an ammo can! All you gotta do is find an inspired location and let 'er go. Hiding a film can, on the other hand, takes a heck of a lot of thought.

Any schmoo can hide a geocache container of ANY size or description for that matter, and can probably get it approved for listing here.

This hobby is powered by the efforts of volunteer amateurs. It is open to everyone.

It is open to all interested parties, whether they pass the adequately-entertains-Clan-Riffster’s-minimum-entertainment-demands test, or not.

Most of us understand and accept that fact intuitively upon first learning how the hobby works. Most of us understand and accept the fact that not every cache hide effort will be memorably awesome.

That being the case, then, let me ask you a question. Who should be more ashamed (or pitied): the guy who plants a few less-than-boffo hides ... or the guy who chronically and sarcastically gripes in the forums about not being satisfactorily entertained by every cache he seeks in this amateur-only hobby?

If you truly believe your own personal preference makes you superior to those who enjoy those caches you despise, then one would think you should be able to enjoy that sense of superiority in silence – there should be no need to continually re-convince yourself of that superiority by constantly reminding the rest of us.

If I recall correctly, Shmoo, not schmoo, is the proper spelling. Shmoos are delicious and taste like steak.

When you can convince me that a marvelous view is the only proper way to enjoy this hobby – and that my enjoyment at all those urban micros I have found has been both imaginary and incorrect – then your anti-scoff will have more merit and value.

:o

True. :huh:

But your reply doesn't truly take into account my entire reply and really pulled it out of context.

I have had micros take me to interesting places, which is why I qualified my statement that some micros are creative and challenging. I also stated the flip side of the complaint about micros which was the basic same complaint of larger sized caches. Uninspired and no effort in hiding them. That being said, I also said I generally don't find parking lot micros (which is what I was most specific about) as hides with views.

As you can see, my first post was more rounded than your reply let on. :huh:

Those schmoos need to leave the hiding to a regular schmo and then maybe the quality will improve!

Lordofthefiles_schmoo.jpg

Careful, that kind of attitude around here will get you labeled as a defender of lame caches, and will probably even lead to you being accused of promoting lameness in cache hides.

That's what usually happens to people that say they enjoy pretty much every cache.

If it happens to you... welcome to the club. :huh:

I'm still waiting for the feature that will let us completely remove all hides from certain cachers from our online nearest caches and cache maps the same way that Waymarking lets you hide entire categories of waymarks. By the way, is there a parking lot waymark category? If not, I wonder why.... :huh:

I love them all, nanos, micros, small, regular or shipping containers. We just love Geocaching!

I would have to agree... it is not the container that makes the cache, rather the location/view/experience/uniqueness you have to go through to put pen to paper.

I do not enjoy urban caches, but find myself doing them when I don’t have time to trek into the back woods, between errands in town or traveling on a tight schedule. I have found several outstanding urban caches that I never would have looked for had I edited my pq to exclude micros or a certain ratings intermixed with the trash cache-n-dashes.

Everyone has done more than their share of lame caches. What would be nice is if there was some way for the rest of the caching community to rate caches so those who have not been to gz of a lame cache yet can avoid them.

Recommendation; an additional option on the pq page that allowed you to only select caches above 60% or 75% approval rating (or whatever), similar to public bookmarks… long stretch I know. But there is that 1 in 50 (I’m being generous here) worthy urban cache that keeps me sifting through trash (literally, but only briefly in some instances) in search of the next “wow” factor.

Size doesn’t matter… (colloquial expressions aside)

I just want to be able to avoid downloading waypoints that suck!

Quote from a fellow cacher:

You know, xxxxxx and I tried some urban caching earlier this spring. We invited the grandparents (i.e. my parents) to come along for a nice walk and show them what all the geocaching hub-bub is about. It turned out to be a very lame experience. Embarrassing, actually. We were looking in ditches filled with trash and litter, behind some old industrial buildings, along the backsides of residential fences with overgrown weeds and crap everywhere... We found 10 caches and never logged any of them. That was the end of that!!

How can “we” (collectively) clean up this hobby?

oh yeah??? ........ what is agst filled, and vitriolic language LOL I don't know if we have that in TN :huh:

(just a light hearted post to lighten things up)

In the short time I have been caching I have come across good and not so good in various sizes most of the "ammo" boxes were harder to find than the micros. Personally I'm in this for the fun and enjoyment and don't need another "heavy" hobby to drag me down.... got enough of those

Its not about hunting around the same 10 by 10 grid for 40 minutes to me. It about the journey, its about the location, its about about the creativity. It takes little thought to drop a mr magneto onto a pole in a parking lot.

I like a well thought out creative micro in a location worth visiting. Problem is, the vast majority of them don't even come close to that description.

Who should be more ashamed: the guy who plants a few less-than-boffo hides lame caches caches that CR publicly declares to be unacceptably "lame" based on his personal definition of "lame" ... or the guy who chronically and sarcastically gripes in the forums promotes quality over quantity? thinks KBI can't tell the difference between "self-important snobbish whining" and "constructive promoting"

Alex, I'll take option "B" for $500, please.

Alex: "Judges?"

Judge (off-camera) presses a button: <HONK!>

Alex: "Sorry, your option had to be re-edited for accuracy. You are now $500 down. It is still your turn."

As I see it there are three types of posts in this thread. Those who see the humor. Those who don't see the humor. Those who see it and just can't help but try to push the buttons anyway. I think that the third type are, despite their best efforts, an unwitting part of the humor.

I'd like to thank the OP for proving us with such an entertaining thread.

And we all know, that there are no bad cache types, just quite a few badly placed containers here and there. But that is the box of chocolate of the game; you never really know what you're gonna get!

That, right there, is one of my very favorite things about this hobby.

A Geocache is not a fancy-packaged, formula-marketed, focus-grouped, mass-produced piece of corporate output scientifically designed by some profit-hungry management team for my entertainment; it is instead a raw, grass-roots, from-the-heart, untested, unrefined and unsophisticated gift from a fellow amateur geek.

You never really know what you're gonna get. Ain’t it awesome?

I suffer from the same mental defect. I am apparently not healthy enough in the head to understand which caches I’m supposed to despise. I lack the popular and proper taste which would otherwise allow me to correctly gripe and complain about lameness – I instead somehow manage to find enjoyment in every cache I seek ...

... and I have absolutely no interest in being cured.

I didn't post this pic, but it's a cache I found today. (Personally, I think posting the pic ruins the surprise, but I didn't look at the pics before I did the cache.)

518ed486-34ef-4d1b-bbae-98fe8083db5d.jpg

It's called a "Micro Heaven", one of them contains the log.

I don't have anything against Micros, and maybe if you live in an urban area they are a must. I try to avoid micros because I have kids who don't care about them. I've hidden two myself, but they were micros for a reason. Like to draw someone to an interesting place where a traditional cache wouldn't last. A magnetic key holder, in a gaurd rail, behind a Winn Dixie, next to a dumpster, does nothing for me (found that as part of a puzzle cache), but to each their own.

Fondling green power transformers looking for a magnetic strip, all the while enoying the electricity hum.

If you enjoy causing confrontations between private property owners, and cache finders due to your ill chosen micro location.

I'm very sorry to hear that those are the best micro caches that you've had the opportunity to experience. I sympathise with you...that's a pretty sad bunch of experiences. Take heart... some of us have had better luck, and its only time before you do as well.

Good caches are about good caches... period! I've done some great ammo boxes, but TO ME, a great ammo box cache means a good hike and a great view, not a mosquito-ridden pile of rotting stumps in a field of stinging nettles and poison ivy. TO ME a good micro means a mental challenge, a new experience, and not just a film cannister hung in a spruce tree (worse than a LPC anyday in my opinion!)

Edited by knowschad

There are many different reasons a micro can be enjoyable while others scoff at the same cache. My last 5 caches were micros and all but one of them were skirt lifters. They are special to me because of the company I was in at the time and the fact that it was a convenient FUN activity for us ALL to do together.

THAT'S what geocaching has been for me the last couple of days. Thanks to all those parking lot micros that gave me and my family a little diversion during a crisis.....

Just remember geocaching doesn't exist to serve YOU personally. Choose how you spend your quality time and accept responsibility for your choices.... :huh:

Choose how you spend your quality time and accept responsibility for your choices.... :huh:

You mean that it's up to the finder to decide if he's having fun, and if he's going to let a cache he didn't enjoy upset him or if he's just going to forget about it and enjoy the rest of the day anyway? Hmm... that sounds crazy. ;)

So many people in this thread seem to feel that it's up to the hider to ensure the finders are having a good time, and the hiders are responsible for giving the finders something new and exciting with every cache.

If ONLY somehow, some way, this web site could provide us with a way to completely avoid the micro, so we'll never be forced to look for one again.

:o:huh::o;)

But your reply doesn't truly take into account my entire reply and really pulled it out of context.

Don't feel bad. Considering the source, I'd say he treated you tamely. :huh:

Have you run out of debate responses already, CR? Are you abandoning your legendarily persuasive arguments? Isn't it a little early for switching to personal attacks? We’re only on page one!

TotemLake is correct. I pulled his statement out of context, but he also seemed to understand that it was only that statement I wanted to respond to. I could have said “I agree” to everything else he said, but in the interest of minimizing thread clutter I like to keep my “I agree” posts to a minimum, and to only speak up when I find myself defending a minority opinion.

Now, if you want to resume attempting to convince me to join you in your loathing, ridiculing and insulting of all those offensive cache hiders who cruelly and thoughtlessly fail to entertain you in the manner to which you feel entitled ... I am standing by. I am prepared to be persuaded. :huh:

I'm very sorry to hear that those are the best micro caches that you've had the opportunity to experience. I sympathise with you...that's a pretty sad bunch of experiences. Take heart... some of us have had better luck, and its only time before you do as well.

Good caches are about good caches... period! I've done some great ammo boxes, but TO ME, a great ammo box cache means a good hike and a great view, not a mosquito-ridden pile of rotting stumps in a field of stinging nettles and poison ivy. TO ME a good micro means a mental challenge, a new experience, and not just a film cannister hung in a spruce tree (worse than a LPC anyday in my opinion!)

You misinterpreted my post. I have a bookmark of my favorite caches. The following are micro caches on that list.

GCQ5JG

GCXX6R (the only LPC I ever enjoyed)

GCKK4V

GCPPTB

Sadly, most of the micros i've found represent the examples I posted in my first post.

Don't feel bad. Considering the source, I'd say he treated you tamely. :huh:

Have you run out of debate responses already, CR? Are you abandoning your legendarily persuasive arguments? Isn't it a little early for switching to personal attacks? We’re only on page one!

TotemLake is correct. I pulled his statement out of context, but he also seemed to understand that it was only that statement I wanted to respond to. I could have said “I agree” to everything else he said, but in the interest of minimizing thread clutter I like to keep my “I agree” posts to a minimum, and to only speak up when I find myself defending a minority opinion.

Now, if you want to resume attempting to convince me to join you in your loathing, ridiculing and insulting of all those offensive cache hiders who cruelly and thoughtlessly fail to entertain you in the manner to which you feel entitled ... I am standing by. I am prepared to be persuaded. :huh:

Not to drag this OT, but the way I look at it in these forums, if you make a statement about something, you either need to be willing to make it stand on its own legs, or be prepared to clarify and defend... or to realize you screwed up and be mature about it. Anybody who complains about their treatment here, really doesn't understand the mix of opinions are the root of debates (healthy or otherwise), and they tend to try to surround themselves with yes people. This leads to what is called the "believing their own press" syndrome.

Seems that nobody has mentioned micros as stages in a multi...Do they not count as micros?

About 20% of my finds so far have been multis and almost all of the 'stages' of those have been micro containers, just big enough to hold the coordinates to the next stage. Some of them have been EXTREMELY creative with either the container or the hide location (One was a 'flag pole' pine cone micro up a tree on fishing line, one was a bison tube wired inside a crack in a stone wall, another drilled and glued into a rock, etc.).

It only took me about a dozen finds to figure out that my idea of fun is probably more suited to multis and traditionals out in the woods moreso than LPCs and other PnGs...so that's what I tend to go after. Doesn't stop me from getting a quick smiley from the pill-bottle behind the local Acme...just means that when I plan to head out caching, those aren't the ones written into the plan...they're "Caches of Opportunity" as it were.

They're all fun...some are just more fun than others.

:ph34r:

DSCN4090.jpg

2340883984_7e616f557b.jpg

You have made a great point -- every trash-filled alleyway should have at least one micro! And, in much of the USA, thankfully, that is already the case! However, this is not necessarily true in other parts of the world, unfortunately. For example, the following photo:

2627867128_00ebbaef4f_o.jpg

shows the shop-lined trash-filled alleyway located just 300 feet from the hotel in which I will be staying in Petaling Jala, Selangor (near Kuala Lumpur) for the next few weeks (footnote 1) during my upcoming trip to Malaysia, and not only are there no microcaches in this alleyway, there are no active caches within about four miles of that spot! :unsure: How depressing! :ph34r:

Footnote 1: Well, at least there are 24-hour food stalls and 24-hour shops located within a few hundred feet of my hotel!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team