Have you ever went Geocaching for a Coin during Work?

AU96Alum

Ahhh...geocaching during work hours. I don't do this often but I do however check my gps unit when I am running from one place to the next to see if I am passing something. There are a few times that I get an email that someone just dropped a coin...and I find a reason to run out and check out the coin before going to my work destination. Okay...be truthful...lol...it is not like your boss is reading your forum...or are they? LOL

If I could...I would. IF we leave work property for any reason other than work related, we have to punch out. When I used to work in the one department, I got to leave at least 2 time a week. After the first time I started to carry the GPS in my truck and had easy ones along the route programmed in since I was in a big box truck. I did not intentionally go after the one cache because it had a coin, but it was there when I found it, so I grabbed it. Kinda funny tryin to explain to my foreman what it was when he accidentally saw it. Good thing he is very cool....lol

I used to do it all the time, but I've found all the ones within walking distance -- and even reasonable driving distance -- of my workplace. :lol:

If any new ones pop up, I'll always head out to find it. My hours are fairly flexible, and as long as a server doesn't die while all us server admins are out, no harm done. Both the other server techs ARE geocachers though, so it could happen! :D

Well I have never went specifically for a geocoin. But my boss and I have went twice for a FTF on a new cache published in our area. And one did have 2 coins I had never logged so I did grab them and move them on their way.

Oh and yes he probably will read this since he is sitting 20 feet away and looking at the forums too. Let's see if he notices or if he is too busy playing with his Rubix Cube?!? LOL :lol:

Oh Yea! I have logged all of the caches within walking distance from where I work. I haven't looked to see if anything new has popped up lately... I'll have to remember to do that!

I have taken co-workers geocaching during lunch, but none of them have been converted into geocachers, yet...