revisiting a cache

mat.knott

It's fine to go back to any cache for a re-visit, for any reason. Just remember that when you put another log on the cache page saying, "Called back here to pick up TB..." or whatever, do it as a "note", not as another "found it" log.

MrsB :rolleyes:

I've never known what happens if you accedentaly log a second found it log. What happens?

It's fine to go back to any cache for a re-visit, for any reason. Just remember that when you put another log on the cache page saying, "Called back here to pick up TB..." or whatever, do it as a "note", not as another "found it" log.

MrsB :rolleyes:

I've never known what happens if you accedentaly log a second found it log. What happens?

Not a lot - It just means that if you do more than one "Found it" log your statistics of "Caches Found" won't be very accurate. Some people aren't bothered by that. In fact, I understand that some cachers do this deliberately to boost their numbers of "Finds". I think most cachers would agree that you can only "find" a cache once. (Although I know there are one or two exceptions to this.)

MrsB ;)

Edited by The Blorenges

MrsB ;)

It messes up your actual milestones! :rolleyes:

MrsB :huh:

Not a lot - It just means that if you do more than one "Found it" log your statistics of "Caches Found" won't be very accurate. Some people aren't bothered by that. In fact, I understand that some cachers do this deliberately to boost their numbers of "Finds". I think most cachers would agree that you can only "find" a cache once. (Although I know there are one or two exceptions to this.)

MrsB :huh:

I presume a significant relocation ( a few hundred yards - oops metres) of a muggled cache would be one such exception.

MrsB :unsure:

MrsB :ph34r:

I presume a significant relocation ( a few hundred yards - oops metres) of a muggled cache would be one such exception.

No, not if it's the same cache. If it's been muggled and the owner disables it, then replaces it 200yards down the path and then re-activates it as the same cache but with slightly different co-ordinates, then it's still "the same cache".

However, if it's been muggled and the owner decides to archive the cache completely, then a week later he recreates it as a new cache listing 200 yards down the path from the original cache then it's a new cache and you can legitimately claim a new smilie :ph34r:

MrsB

When I was starting out I went to visit a TB motel to pick things up for a trip. As a noobie I simply logged another find and it just showed up as having been found twice.

However a little while later I rescued a cache that was floating in the river about 30 feet away... this involved getting very cut up through the black berry bushes, and ending up with a drenched cache. I logged it as a needs maintenance only. I definitely earned a find for that cache, but a maintenance log doesn't add a "find."

I eventually figured out how to log actual finds, and just decided that the two balanced each other out. Then it started to bug me so over a year later I went back and changed my find to a note, and added a find for the other one.

I guess the moral of the story is that everyone does their own thing. You are welcome to leave your logs as they are. At any time you can go back and change them like I did. Some people are sticklers for rules, some people just want to have fun. The beauty of geocaching is getting out of it whatever you want. I revisit caches all the time to pick up TBs for trips, or to drop off TBs when I want to unload them quick.