A non-updated Geocoin

pfcfencer1

When viewing the posting for my cache, it says that there is a geocoin in it. However, after reading the logs, and taking a quick look for myself, it is no longer there and has been removed. How would I go about clearing the status? Should I email the person who said they took it? Or is there another way?

Should I email the person who said they took it? Or is there another way?

If someone said they took it then give them time to log it. Perhaps they forgot they had it. But if it's been a long time ago then I would send them an email to remind them.

If it's truly lost/stolen, then there is a way to mark it's location as UNKNOWN. You, the cache owner, can go to that coins page and under the Found It? Log It! press the Mark item missing. But I would wait a long while before doing that, and also send off an email to the coin owner and that person who said they took it...

Doing this will mess up the mileage of that coin...

<snip>

Doing this will mess up the mileage of that coin...

Doing this will mess NOT up the mileage of that coin...

My opinion, fwiw...

As a person that used to like to pick up coins and bugs, and as the owner of a few dozen travelers, I would ask you to please mark it unknown as soon as it goes missing from your cache. In addition put a note on the bugs page for the owner so they know what's happening with their traveler.

If someone is late to log because of vacation or whatever they can easily grab the traveler into their inventory and drop it wherever they drop it. In the meantime, your cache inventory is not showing bogus items.

And I very much agree that a gentle reminder is an awesome idea when / if you know who picked up the traveler.

The cacher who left the geocoin left it there on July 8th. Today is only July 10th. The person who picked it up must have been there in the last 2 days. They probably haven't gotten home yet, or unpacked the bags, or had time. They haven't even logged their find yet. Was anything written in the logbook? If not, you might have been muggled. You as the cache owner have the ability to mark a trackable item missing from your cache by clicking on the link for the TB on your cache page, then using the drop down menu under trackable item options, and mark it missing. Don't forget to confirm this action by clicking on the "yes" that comes up. But give the cacher who picked it up a minute to get home and find time to log it. Say 5-7 days, and send him/her a reminder, if you do know who they are. Check the logbook for anyone who found it after The Doopster.

I was very suprised at the number of caches listed with coins or bugs and open finding the cache, no joy.

It seems some people after finding a coin will log it immediately even if the coin has not been logged into that cache yet. :D

How hard is it to see a recent entry in the log on a cache that had no coin listed but now has a coin? We put a coin in on a road trip, but before we got to the hotel it was logged out. As soon as we logged the cache it now shows a coin in that cache even though it was removed a hour after it was placed. Just send a message to the person who the system shows in possesion of the coin, and prompt them to log it.

I feel bad for the coin hunters who will go after this cache looking for a coin and come up empty. As for reading the logs, when you download a trip .gpx file with 500 entries, that is not happening .

We just did a road trip and because of the distance we needed to drive, we decided to stop at bug and coin caches and only 1 had what was listed on the gpx file from that morning. Many of the caches had not been signed in days and some weeks.

After checking the logs on some of them it was like what happened to the coin I placed, logged out before being logged in.

*/ sound of stepping off the soapbox :lol:

Ron

N6ACH

ferventkids

The cacher who left the geocoin left it there on July 8th. Today is only July 10th. The person who picked it up must have been there in the last 2 days. They probably haven't gotten home yet, or unpacked the bags, or had time. They haven't even logged their find yet. Was anything written in the logbook? If not, you might have been muggled. You as the cache owner have the ability to mark a trackable item missing from your cache by clicking on the link for the TB on your cache page, then using the drop down menu under trackable item options, and mark it missing. Don't forget to confirm this action by clicking on the "yes" that comes up. But give the cacher who picked it up a minute to get home and find time to log it. Say 5-7 days, and send him/her a reminder, if you do know who they are. Check the logbook for anyone who found it after The Doopster.

The geocoin that I am talking about is actually Poppy 4 and it was claimed to be retreived on May 29th. The other one, I picked up and updated and am planning to drop it off while I am in Long Beach (I am on a hotel PC right now).

The geocoin that I am talking about is actually Poppy 4 and it was claimed to be retreived on May 29th. The other one, I picked up and updated and am planning to drop it off while I am in Long Beach (I am on a hotel PC right now).

Ah, I see it now, they called it the flower TB. In this case, I would email Kazoo456 with a friendly, gentle reminder to please log it. Yes, it has been long enough.

Ah, I see it now, they called it the flower TB. In this case, I would email Kazoo456 with a friendly, gentle reminder to please log it. Yes, it has been long enough.

So I emailed the person who took the flower TB and haven't heard back from them (bout 5 days now).

What should I do now? :sad::sad: