DNF and Finds

Nish4

Wondering how other cachers out there would handle the following scenario -

First attempt - log a note (because you don't give up that easily)

Second attempt - log a DNF (getting frustrated and give up)

Third attempt - can see the cache but cannot safely retrieve, log another note ! or edit the original note and change the date !

Final and last attempt - log a find. :P:P

After the find do you delete your notes and DNF ?

What do you guys do ?

Wondering how other cachers out there would handle the following scenario -

First attempt - log a note (because you don't give up that easily)

Second attempt - log a DNF (getting frustrated and give up)

Third attempt - can see the cache but cannot safely retrieve, log another note ! or edit the original note and change the date !

Final and last attempt - log a find. :P:P

After the find do you delete your notes and DNF ?

What do you guys do ?

If I truly looked for the cache and did not find it (no matter what attempt), I would log a DNF. If I am looking for a multi and don't find a stage, I log a DNF. If I really make a very lame attempt to find the cache, I may not log anything, or log a note. I generally don't delete any of my logs.

Ultimately I think DNFs are so good for the game. It helps everyone understand the difficulty of finding the cache (look here). It also alerts the owner to a cahe that may have gone missing. Thats why I log DNFs over posting a note. If I can see the cache, but can't retrieve (eg because of a muggle) I would still log a DNF.

DNFs do not hurt you......

There must be a heck of a lot of DNF's that i am missing Alf cause there are plenty caches out here that you have to go find.... come now i need some more activity this side....

For your notice the cache on Amajuba has got a cracked container. It is still OK and dry inside but i am not sure how long it will last..... And while you are up there you can find my Tonteldoos X cache.... Come now the kids are big and ready to find them caches....