GeoBet

QUOTE(consequences @ Jul 9 2008, 06:42 PM)

http://ggaonline.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/94...51/m/2551081615

Hit above link.

Want to Cache & get Cash?

The Georgia Geocaching Association has found a way to do it. The group is quitely discussing the "side activity" of personal wagering on FTF"s. Apparently this is big in GA. One casher notes, "side bets should perhaps be kept out of the public forums."

What do they call it down there? "Geowagering? Geobetting? Ante-up with GeoAnte?

Is this what caching has come to?

Again, hit the above link to view.

Hit above link.

The Georgia Geocaching Association has found a way to do it. The group is quitely discussing the "side activity" of personal wagering on FTF"s. Apparently this is big in GA. One casher notes, "side bets should perhaps be kept out of the public forums."

What do they call it down there? "Geowagering? Geobetting? Ante-up with GeoAnte?

I made a bet that I wouldn't get the last word in with flask on the KNow-It-Alls thread. I'll be collecting at the next event. :P:(:(

You DO know there are poker tournaments at some of the bigger events.... Maybe you and your moral majority can boycott and bring geocaching to its knees. :P:P

A: What gets said on another website means nothing here.

B: If you have a beef with what they are saying there, respond there.

C: If you want anyone to take ANYTHING you say seriously, post it with your real account and not a sockpuppet.

D: And don't cut and paste and post it on multiple threads. :P:P

Facinating... is it considered FTF betting if a hider places a valuable "FTF Prize" (unregistered coin, cash, etc.)? If not, what's the difference between that and having a group place side bets on who gets the most First-to-finds?

I agree with earlier comments... who cares?

Hit above link.

Casual betting between friends exists everywhere and I don't think that anyone minds.

...What do they call it down there?

...Apparently this is big in GA.

I've got a twenty that says you live in GA. :anitongue:

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I bet the OP doesn't ever come back.

double or nothing that the OP does come back...under their real handle without us knowing.

come on, somebody take this bet...I need to make up the money I lost betting on which cacher would hide one within 16.8 miles of my house. I swear, I had a LOCK.

baby needs a new pair of shoes...c'mon FTF!

double or nothing that the OP does come back...under their real handle without us knowing.

Hey, wait a minute ... isn't Mtn-Man from somewhere in Georgia?

Hmmmm ......

Nothing wrong with improving your odds is there? :lol:

Hmmmm ......

Nope. I'm from Lake Charles, LA actually. Right now I'm in Panama City. Yesterday I was in Sacramento, CA.

Confusing isn't it. Bet you cannot guess where I will be tomorrow!

Only my most recent finds list knows for sure.

Hmmmm ......

Nope. I'm from Lake Charles, LA actually. Right now I'm in Panama City. Yesterday I was in Sacramento, CA.

Confusing isn't it. Bet you cannot guess where I will be tomorrow!

Only my most recent finds list knows for sure.

Let's think about this.

If a nervous sock puppet were trying to cover his tracks, what kind of rambling, long-winded explanation do you think he might try to throw together and post under his real account?

(For proper effect, click

immediately after reading that last paragraph.)

Has anyone taken odds on how long this topic stays open?

If YOU do, that would be a conflict of interest.

Now, to facilitate the above cause, i shall do my best thread hijacking:

Yesterday i stood in line at a convenience store behind a lady buying lottery tickets (see- linked to "gambling" to appear on-topic).

She pointed and said, "2 number 9, 5 # 27, 4 #33, 2 #6, no! not number 6, I'll have 2 #7 instead..." On and on and ON it went whilst the line formed out the door and down the block.

i says to the guy in front of me, I says, "gee lady, why dontcha do us all a favour and just write an extra thousand dollar check to the state next April 15th and let us pay for our pop and get outa here!"

THE NOIVE OF SOME PEOPLE :huh: