My First Find! YAY

fishinredfox

I am SO excited to report that we finally found a cache!! My son and I are vacationing in Hatteras,NC with our family. I originally looked into this "game" last year. It took some time, but I finally got my first hand held system right before we came on vacation. Last year I thought this would be a great rainy-day activity....and I was right. We didn't find the first cache we went looking for...a micro cache...we were close...I know we were....but we did find our second and third locations. What a great activity. Not only did it take us off the beaten path, but just the fun we had figuring out where to go....how to look "stealthy" LOL

It was great. I think we will try to create a cache before we go....only problem is what to use as a cache...hmmmm. Thanks to everyone who answered my earlier questions, and to everyone who takes the time to participate...I'm hooked, and so are my kids!!!!

FRF

If you are vacationing in Hatteras,NC and don't actually live near there, it might be difficult to get a cache published there, unless you can explain to the reviewer that you frequently travel to that area so that you will be able to maintain your cache. Or if you have someone else who lives near that area that is willing to maintain it for you. You would need to let the reviewer know these things when you submit a cache for publishing.

Thanks everyone. We went looking for more today.....no luck :lol: with the micros yet..I guess we still need to tune up And get used to our new-found hobby...it can be a bit frustrating. We did find an "geo-cache" I think is what it's called...it was cool too. It took us to a place we'd never seen or knew about in 7 years of coming to the islands for vacation. I don't want to say too much other than the geo-caches are really neat too. The kids weren't as excited to go looking for them, as I had explained that they weren't going to probably get "treasure" but it turned out to still be great fun, as my 14 year old and I learn to use the navigator, and lead the little ones....thanks again....and word around here says we're going to be "red flagged" tomorrow due to strong rip tides from Bertha......so we'll be out "hunting" again tomorrow.....Thanks for the tips...we'll check it out.

PS-is there some way when I get close to the cache to have my system "guide" me in the right direction?? I am running a Magellan Triton with a USA Basemap thingy on it.....TY

FRF